Different forums over the years

petro

Dormant account, per user request
PABaccred
PABnoaccred2
I'd like to share some information I thought was interesting about the different forums I visit.

I noticed Michael Shackleford's forum seems to have taken off over the last few years.
I did not like the change of ownership; there's a lot more "spammy ads" now.
Not only does his forum have an increase of membership, it also has a lot more banned people.
A lot of the older threads are riddled with banned users.

Another forum I visit: 2+2 poker forum.
I've seen members of that forum with over 90k posts! It's pretty amazing.
One thing I've noticed about that forum; the behaviour of the average person is a lot worse than it is on other forums.
They seem to be consistently angry, my guess is that it's due to poker tilt.

Looking at CM; the average member seems a lot more knowledgeable now compared to some years ago.

I'm sure there are other forums that have their characters too, and seemingly knowledgeable on most matters gambling-related. I doubt very much though that anywhere has the mix of people that CM has, it is a very balanced source.

Problem with some of the other sites is likely the complete abandonment of any sort of moderating or guardianship of newer members, so they inevitably end up forming cliques that run riot.

CM is good natured and newbies are integrated effortlessly. And you can trust the moderators to slap people back in line too, so it feels as though they have our backs in that sense.

That poker forum wass probably like visiting disneyland on a day when everything is free, compared to the recently deceased fruitchat website (AWP fruit machine forum).
An absolutely hilarious read at times though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back