Online DVD Rental Demands Statutory Declaration

petro

Dormant account, per user request
PABaccred
PABnoaccred2
MYOld Attachment (Invalid)NIGHTMARE!

Last year I had a problem with an online DVD rental business.

They offered a ‘free trial.’ They mail you a few DVDs over a period of 1 month and you get to try them out to see if you like it. I’m sure you know the type.

Towards the end of this trial I was dissatisfied with the slow posting times so I decided to return the DVDs and close my account. This was done a few days before the trial period ended. I phoned them up and double checked everything to avoid any charges to my card.

Next thing I knew they hit my card with a $30 charge. So I phoned them up asking what’s going on. They told me that the DVDs were returned 1 day late. I explained to them that the DVDs were posted well in advance and that I cannot be held responsible for slow posting times. As the phone conversation continued it deteriorated with the lady raising her voice at me saying; “CONTACT CONSUMER AFFAIRS THEN!”

I decided to email them to confirm the dates and the amount that they had on record to get the facts straight for consumer affairs. They then “changed their minds” about consumer affairs and offered payment if I am willing to sign a “Statutory Declaration” stating that I posted the DVDs on time.

I can only shrug and say; WTH is this world coming to, when we have to sign Statutory Declarations to say that we returned DVDs on time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back