New Slot Announcement Viking Runecraft

Play N Go's big production for the year and very entertaining with big potential.

Sorry about the long video but quite a detailed slot!

Whenever I do talks on slot design I always suggest avoiding games this complex because people rarely pay to learn a game. I think the fact your video is 20 minutes long proves this game is probably way to complex and aimed more at social players than cash players.

That said if people can play for free first they may learn the game but I think this game is too complex for its own good.

Will be interesting to see how it performs...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tons of people love Gemix so this will be a huge hit, as for being complex players of cloud quests/gemix will feel just home there isent really much new.

Never had any luck with Gemix only cloud quest once cleared the board, will play this when released with a 5000x top price im sure 1-1000x wins wont be crazy rare as on gemix.

Whenever I do talks on slot design I always suggest avoiding games this complex because people rarely pay to learn a game. I think the fact your video is 20 minutes long proves this game is probably way to complex and aimed more at social players than cash players.

That said if people can play for free first they may learn the game but I think this game is too complex for its own good.

Will be interesting to see how it performs...

It's not that complex when you've played it a while.

A brief summary would be:

Level up when you have covered all the underlaid rune-pattern tiles with winning combos.
All levels have one God like Thor, Odin, Freya and Heimdall with their own random in-play action on any losing spin.
Any level-up enables the wheel of Valhalla which will be populated with any of the 5 different-coloured rune stones collected plus 5 blanks and awards a mini-pot if landing on one.
20 tiles - plus on one spin will award one of the 4 'Charges' which may or may not help you.
40-tiles plus triggers the Ragnarok game in which all 4 Charges will activate one at a time, each one occurring when no further wins have appeared on the last one. These wins will fill a multiplier wheel which will multiply the grand total after Ragnarok's 4 Charges have done their bit from 2-15x.
After Ragnarok you may well have cleared another pattern as above, so may also get the wheel of Valhalla spin afterwards before being paid your grand total.

That's about it. The graphics and artwork and effects are quite fantastic on it. It shows what shysters like Microgaming should be doing instead of regurgitating old shite.

It's not that complex when you've played it a while.

A brief summary would be:

Level up when you have covered all the underlaid rune-pattern tiles with winning combos.
All levels have one God like Thor, Odin, Freya and Heimdall with their own random in-play action on any losing spin.
Any level-up enables the wheel of Valhalla which will be populated with any of the 5 different-coloured rune stones collected plus 5 blanks and awards a mini-pot if landing on one.
20 tiles - plus on one spin will award one of the 4 'Charges' which may or may not help you.
40-tiles plus triggers the Ragnarok game in which all 4 Charges will activate one at a time, each one occurring when no further wins have appeared on the last one. These wins will fill a multiplier wheel which will multiply the grand total after Ragnarok's 4 Charges have done their bit from 2-15x.
After Ragnarok you may well have cleared another pattern as above, so may also get the wheel of Valhalla spin afterwards before being paid your grand total.

That's about it. The graphics and artwork and effects are quite fantastic on it. It shows what shysters like Microgaming should be doing instead of regurgitating old shite.

Agreed... And in depth games with social elements do work. IGT have done a game where you had to cover patterns and was branded Trigger Tiles in retail. It mainly flopped because once people had made a pattern they couldn't be bothered to play on to try and get the next one. Couple this with the fact that cascading games rarely work well any more (that ship sailed a long time ago) that they may well have created a turley just as much as they may well have created a good game.

However I trust your reviews and if you like it I'll certainly give it a go!

Agreed... And in depth games with social elements do work. IGT have done a game where you had to cover patterns and was branded Trigger Tiles in retail. It mainly flopped because once people had made a pattern they couldn't be bothered to play on to try and get the next one. Couple this with the fact that cascading games rarely work well any more (that ship sailed a long time ago) that they may well have created a turley just as much as they may well have created a good game.

However I trust your reviews and if you like it I'll certainly give it a go!

Covering the pattern is quite quick on this and doesn't affect anything as such. You can win the max pay on whichever level you are on. The only possible benefit is the Gods have different in-play features. It's not 'progressive' like say Cleopatra Plus.

I like slots to remain simple, preferably of the 20- or- under- lines variety and with a fixed multiplier during the old bonus rounds, I'm boring like that.

So despite their greater creative output over the likes of Netent and especially Microgaming, I'm af-raider it's a "Norse-Sir-ee" from me :eek::mad:

I like slots to remain simple, preferably of the 20- or- under- lines variety and with a fixed multiplier during the old bonus rounds, I'm boring like that.

So despite their greater creative output over the likes of Netent and especially Microgaming, I'm af-raider it's a "Norse-Sir-ee" from me :eek::mad:

And there lies the problem.. Some people just wanna switch off and play a simple game. But there are others that want the involvement... However to me this game isn't a slot and would never appeal to me normally... But I'll still try it out of curiosity... And cos it's my job to hehe

Even though (for all the complexity) it's still just press start and hope for the best, it gives me a headache just looking at it, so I shan't be giving it a try.

The concept is good and potential is huge but it looks to me like a very expensive slot to play and it looks very hard to get the 40 tiles to trigger Ragnarok and even then you are not guaranteed a decent win. So I get the feeling that it would take 99% of deposits used to play on it therefore I think I will wait till I have a high balance before I ever consider giving this beast a shot. Good review though Dunover, great work as always:)

So its out and its very streaky, managed to get 2 features on it first was in ~200spins paid 55x and the 2nd took about 400spins paid 200x.

But what u notice is the slot will give u wins pretty often then once in a while it just goes dead like dreadfull 20-30deadspins its not often but it comes suddenly it feels weird how they come tbh.

Getting just the first 20symbols wins can takes 100spins+ easy its actually more rare than i would think and its extremely rare tbh to even get close to the 40symbols, unless your very lucky this needs a decent balance to play if u wanna have a chance not like Gemix where money can last forever.

It actually is Gemix in disguise - bloody hell really disappointed!

I'll stick with Gemix. Viking Runecraft just isn't any fun. Features are rare, had way too much difficulty charging the special features wheel and the money wheel is dumb. At least VS will give me free spins on it Tuesday morning...

I played the battle and I have no idea what went on aside from the 60% rtp at the end of it!

I like the noises, graphics and whatever else. But seems incredibly confusing. Hell I dont even look at the paytable to slots ever cause I like to be surprised by the wins. Might mess around with it from time to time but probably wont bother trying to figure out whats going on

I see they have the thunderstruck raven feature and surprisingly it doesnt pay on this game either. har har

I wish the game was this easy. When I see new games, I try them out in play money mode first before deciding if I want to risk it using real money...

I got this after a few minutes:

--------- PLAY MONEY SHOT ----------------

Q8gXR3O.png

--------- PLAY MONEY SHOT ----------------

Easy Game... :D

wow 1000x in play money. Thats gotta hurt. Thats why I only play very little money. Im terrified of something like that. It would haunt me for weeks!

nice to see you can play on 50 cents for once

No wonder play n go were so excited. This is a money gizzling piece of crap. Did 150 spins and best win was a 10x.

Being a fan of Cloud I already know I will enjoy this game just as much or even more (up to 5000x potential). You can try the slot at VS battles now and, yes, it can be streaky but I love all the special features!

I gave this another go this morning and decided to pay attention.

I think this slot is a masterpiece. The graphics, the features, the music, the way the game plays is great.

Like any slot that can pay, it will get cold and eat your money. From what ive seen of it you may want to have a bit bigger bankroll for this beast because some of the deadspins can eat it quick.

I didnt get any big wins or anything. I have had two ragnarok features that paid 55x and 70x but I expect to see some real big wins on this slot.

Yesterday I won £11 from some free spins on Casumo.

Thought I would give this a try.
Almost four hours of play from the £11.

Got to level 54.

I got Ragnorak nine times, lowest was 12x bet on it and the highest was 90x bet.

I was only doing small bets and was hovering around the same balance 3 quid either way of it, highest I got to was £14 odd.

But, it then went on twat mode and mugged me off rather quicly in the end.

Cant complain about the playtime though.

Around 600spins on it today no freespins biggest wins like 10x, its great for wagering though if u got the balance for it.

I tried this slot out today and I'll be putting it in the rotation. I found all the extras and fancy features kept me interested in playing. I've been on a losing streak lately so the fact that I hit my first Ragnorak feature fairly early on didn't hurt either. I got the Ragnorak bonus feature 5 or 6 more times and it ranged from 25x to 110x was the highest. I think I'm at level 25 in the game

After the initial wins, the slot went stone cold where I did see any wins at all for an untold number of spins (should have counted). I decided to push through to see if and when it would come around again and eventually it did but it was a frustratingly long stretch of dead spins. It goes without saying that if I had tried this slot for the first time and experienced only that cold snap, I might be a little off-put.

Overall I enjoyed this slot, it's just fun to play. Thanks for posting about it. :)

Also, I have a question about this game's options / settings that perhaps someone can answer for me. In the lower left-hand corner of the screen next to the volume symbol and the "?" symbol, there is a "lightening-shaped" symbol that is clickable, but I cannot figure out its purpose. :confused: Undoubtedly, this is a silly question and I am most likely opening myself up to public ridicule but it's bugging me and I must know! I have attached a screenshot. Unknown lightening symbol is circled in red.

Viking Runecraft_April2017.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back