Yahoo backlinks and Goggle backlinks

leonardo99

webmeister
PABaccred
MM
My questions probably looks stupid for the must of webmasters..but I'm a nob..
I know that Yahoo and Google work diferent when index my backlinks...

I checked online my backlinks..and most of the online check programs show ~60 Yahoo backlinks, ~60 Alta Vista, 4 Bing, 1 Bekko..and most show 0 for Google.
When I use Webmaster Tools..I see Links to your site 7 domains (same are in Alexa rank)..Links to your site = backlinks ???

I read that if I use link:yoursite.com I can see my backlinks..but results are 0 here..

So question 1 is who will show me google correct backlinks?

I use link exchanges (3way), signiatures and posts in forums, facebook, tweeter, digg, subscribe website in different directories..to promote my website..

2.How do I get all these backlinks indexed by google?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

My questions probably looks stupid for the must of webmasters..but I'm a nob..
I know that Yahoo and Google work diferent when index my backlinks...

I checked online my backlinks..and most of the online check programs show ~60 Yahoo backlinks, ~60 Alta Vista, 4 Bing, 1 Bekko..and most show 0 for Google.
When I use Webmaster Tools..I see Links to your site 7 domains (same are in Alexa rank)..Links to your site = backlinks ???

I read that if I use link:yoursite.com I can see my backlinks..but results are 0 here..

So question 1 is who will show me google correct backlinks?

I use link exchanges (3way), signiatures and posts in forums, facebook, tweeter, digg, subscribe website in different directories..to promote my website..

2.How do I get all these backlinks indexed by google?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Yahoo site explorer is a good tool that is somewhat accurate.

Google webmaster tools will show the most google backlinks, but google will NEVER show you all your BL that are indexed by them. ;)

If you want to know how google sees your site, google webmaster tools is the place to be.

Link exchanges are for nobs that don't know better. You will never get anywhere with link exchanges except a place on google's untrusted list... Google will index everything on your site sooner or later.. It is where your pages rank in the search results that matters and if you use link exchanges like your talking about, your site will never rank for anything but it's own domain name.

I keep the following quote from Amit Singhal and Matt Cutts two of Google's chief Engineers. The quote is about what google wants in a website(in other words what kind of site will actually bring some traffic/money) posted where I can see it all the time.

Google lists the following as “questions that one could use to assess the ‘quality’ of a page or an article”:
Would you trust the information presented in this article?
Is this article written by an expert or enthusiast who knows the topic well, or is it more shallow in nature?
Does the site have duplicate, overlapping, or redundant articles on the same or similar topics with slightly different keyword variations?
Would you be comfortable giving your credit card information to this site?
Does this article have spelling, stylistic, or factual errors?
Are the topics driven by genuine interests of readers of the site, or does the site generate content by attempting to guess what might rank well in search engines?
Does the article provide original content or information, original reporting, original research, or original analysis?
Does the page provide substantial value when compared to other pages in search results?
How much quality control is done on content?
Does the article describe both sides of a story?
Is the site a recognized authority on its topic?
Is the content mass-produced by or outsourced to a large number of creators, or spread across a large network of sites, so that individual pages or sites don’t get as much attention or care?
Was the article edited well, or does it appear sloppy or hastily produced?
For a health related query, would you trust information from this site?
Would you recognize this site as an authoritative source when mentioned by name?
Does this article provide a complete or comprehensive description of the topic?
Does this article contain insightful analysis or interesting information that is beyond obvious?
Is this the sort of page you’d want to bookmark, share with a friend, or recommend?
Does this article have an excessive amount of ads that distract from or interfere with the main content?
Would you expect to see this article in a printed magazine, encyclopedia or book?
Are the articles short, unsubstantial, or otherwise lacking in helpful specifics?
Are the pages produced with great care and attention to detail vs. less attention to detail?
Would users complain when they see pages from this site?
The company is careful to note that it’s not disclosing actual ranking signals used in its algorithms, but these questions will help you “step into Google’s mindset.” These questions are things that Google says it asks itself as it writes algorithms.
Singhal also reminds webmasters, “One other specific piece of guidance we’ve offered is that low-quality content on some parts of a website can impact the whole site’s rankings, and thus removing low quality pages, merging or improving the content of individual shallow pages into more useful pages, or moving low quality pages to a different domain could eventually help the rankings of your higher-quality content.”

Thanks so much for your post!
So one first step can be to forget about link exchanges..I know it's not a good way, but I used from start because I didn't know many things about google..
I searched and read a lot of articles and content about google, backlinks, and how to increase your page rank..but more I read more confusion..

Yahoo site explorer is a good tool that is somewhat accurate.

Google webmaster tools will show the most google backlinks, but google will NEVER show you all your BL that are indexed by them. ;)

If you want to know how google sees your site, google webmaster tools is the place to be.

Link exchanges are for nobs that don't know better. You will never get anywhere with link exchanges except a place on google's untrusted list... Google will index everything on your site sooner or later.. It is where your pages rank in the search results that matters and if you use link exchanges like your talking about, your site will never rank for anything but it's own domain name.

I keep the following quote from Amit Singhal and Matt Cutts two of Google's chief Engineers. The quote is about what google wants in a website(in other words what kind of site will actually bring some traffic/money) posted where I can see it all the time.

I was about to post something along those lines.

I noticed leonardo99 that some of your back links are on some weird pages :/ and some of them are on no follow sites etc.

I learnt the hard way about link exchanges and it drove my traffic down.It was not good to have links on every website I could find that would take it. so now I'm in the process of building a completely new site and will not be making that mistake again.

You want to try and find GOOD website's that are relevant to your site, not just anything and everything.

Webmaster tools and analytics are a good place to start, to see how you are being indexed etc.

Cheers
Matt

It's true I made a mistake with these link exchanges..I just deleted all exchanges, and I will email all partners about this..Hope it's not to late..

I was about to post something along those lines.

I noticed leonardo99 that some of your back links are on some weird pages :/ and some of them are on no follow sites etc.

I learnt the hard way about link exchanges and it drove my traffic down.It was not good to have links on every website I could find that would take it. so now I'm in the process of building a completely new site and will not be making that mistake again.

You want to try and find GOOD website's that are relevant to your site, not just anything and everything.

Webmaster tools and analytics are a good place to start, to see how you are being indexed etc.

Cheers
Matt

it's never too late to start. :D

google will notice the improvements in content/links over time.

But the only real thing to remember is to make your sites useful/interesting for your visitors.. Don't make your site for you or your advertisers...

It's true I made a mistake with these link exchanges..I just deleted all exchanges, and I will email all partners about this..Hope it's not to late..

The trouble is that they might not remove them. Links from bad neighbourhoods are harmful for your website and they're difficult to get rit of. Also avoid linkfarms and be picky.

I'm convinced link exchange with trusted and quality websites will improve your rankings in the end.

Webzcas said:
Not all link exchanges are bad, especially if you are linking with an authority site. You just need to concentrate on the quality rather than the quantity.
I think if you acquire a variety of of different types of links... with the majority of them being from sites that themes are related to your sites theme and are also from sites that google considers to be Trusted or Authority sites... Any site will do very well (as long as your focusing on HIGH quality content - Content IS KING).

The trouble is that they might not remove them. Links from bad neighbourhoods are harmful for your website and they're difficult to get rit of. Also avoid linkfarms and be picky.

I'm convinced link exchange with trusted and quality websites will improve your rankings in the end.

I do believe the days of bad inbound links hurting your ranking are over. Google has done some amazing things with their ranking algo in the last year.

Besides, there is a way to turn that particular Blackhat exploit to your benefit.
My site was attacked for years by morons that thought that zillions of 'bad' links pointing at my site would kill it in the SERP... lol
And at first it did... until one day... my site started rising in the SERP and the frigging idiots would keep piling on the bad links... I would even bate them, egg them on.. so they would keep piling on the bad links... Ahh the good old days... hehehehe

:) I am fairly certain that the morons I refer too will sooner or later read this...
Here's to the Morons. :xxx

Webzcas said:
Not all link exchanges are bad, especially if you are linking with an authority site. You just need to concentrate on the quality rather than the quantity.
I think if you acquire a variety of of different types of links... with the majority of them being from sites that themes are related to your sites theme and are from sites that google consider to be Trusted or Authority sites... Any site will do very well, as long as th focus is on HIGH QUALITY CONTENT. Content is King!

I do believe the days of bad inbound links hurting your ranking are over (as long as you don't link back). Google has done some amazing things with their ranking algo in the last year.

Besides, there is a way to turn that particular Blackhat exploit to your benefit.
My site was attacked for years by morons that thought that zillions of 'bad' links pointing at my site would kill it in the SERP... lol
And at first it did... until one day... my site started rising in the SERP and the frigging idiots would keep piling on the bad links... I would even bate them, egg them on.. so they would keep piling on the bad links... Ahh the good old days... hehehehe

:) I am fairly certain that the morons I refer too will sooner or later read this...
Here's to the Morons. :xxx

And at first it did... until one day... my site started rising in the SERP and the frigging idiots would keep piling on the bad links... I would even bate them, egg them on.. so they would keep piling on the bad links

I'm glad it worked out good for you, but I think it's a tricky strategy :)

I'm glad it worked out good for you, but I think it's a tricky strategy :)
It wasn't like I had choice. :(
When retarded ass holes are adding your URL's to hacked wordpress blogs by the tens of thousands a day, along with other real nasty things like RFI, DOS and earwig attacks, you adapt and over come... or your site dies.
My site has been online for over 12 years now... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back