Whine and Moan Heads Up games a bit fishy

lesmc1

Dormant account
I was just on Bet Fred Poker and looked at playing a 200 Euro Heads Up. I noticed there where 12 games waiting for 1 player but no games being played. Why would the 12 people not play each other? Are they house players? Pros looking for fish? I cant find a player profile on the site, so it will have to remain a mystery!

I hate Ipoker which is a shame as it has good incentives but what's the point if you can't win and are constantly flushed/people chasing hands. How does anyone get to a high level on Ipoker which is the software Betfred and playtech pokers use..The only thing I'm likely to play on this software is freerolls as it screws you all the time! On cash games and cash tournaments. Just so you know not just Heads up that is an uphill battle.

It'll be the same on any poker site (be it BetFred, PartyPoker, PokerStars or anyone else).

I would say there are three types of player here:
* The players who are working as a team (e.g. profit sharing) - they have a natural disincentive to play against each other, and will want to avoid similar teams and/or strong players
* The established HU players who will be aware of the first type of player, and will start their own table trying to lure in a fish of their own
* The casual player

The same can be said of Jackpot Tables as well (such as Spin & Go on PokerStars), there have been comments made on twitch channels previously that players "schedule" their entries to avoid meeting each other. It's all seen as an "edge" at the end of the day - something the average player doesn't have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back