Using Net+ Neteller card at petrol pumps

dave1888

10 years here meister!
PABnononaccred2
mm1
Hi this is just a heads up to everyone who uses the pay at pump system offered by many fuel providers in recent times.

Do not use your NET+ card at these pumps use another card or pay in the shop. The gas company take £100 in pending status instead of the amount in petrol you pay for.

You'll get it back within 14 business days when they see how much you have paid for at the merchant, but it's a major pain in the ass. This has happened to me at Tesco today, so I'm now potless until they reimburse me my £90!

So please never use NET+ card at the gas pumps or Skrill card either! So annoyed right now! Had to let everyone know!

This is common with any service which takes a pre-authorisation check. It really needs Neteller to get their finger out. UK banks refund these very quickly but Neteller seem not to care.

Restricts the range of uses for the Net+ card. But the primary one of being able to withdraw winnings in cash the same day as you've won is frankly a huge benefit so I'm not too fussed.

Fair warning though.

This is not a Neteller specific issue.

E.g. hotels do that all the time. I used to stay up to 250 nights/year in hotels in my previous job and did this mostly within the IHG group (Crown Plaza, Holiday Inn etc ). At every check -in they would take a pre-authorization in the value of your expected cost for the whole stay.

At check-out very often they would not use the reserved amount but would do a completely new transaction as straight purchase. I would have sometimes 3 or 4 pre-authorizations pending on my card account eating up a substantial amount of my credit line.

It would always take up to 2 weeks to have them cleared and there was nothing the card provider could do.

Later i switched to Amex cards to avoid that problem.

My sister was only charged £1 the other day, she thought she got away with near £100 worth of juice, But they pre charge you, Stupid really but I guess there making sure that its a legit payment than only having a few pence on card and doing a fill and chill,

Asda supermarket is a bad one if using cards in store, I do not shop there often but twice I have been charged double my bill, Refunded back but days later, Its an inconvenience to say the least,

It's also notable to mention that Argos doesn't take Neteller pre-paid card. Tried once and Neteller locked my card, I called them and was told that Argos doesn't like Neteller for some reason. It was a very embarrassing situation at the cash out counter I can tell you.

I have also had several failed transactions on the vendor side e.g. Vodafone and some others where the vendor tells me the transaction didn't go through and the amount was deducted from my card. Had to wait the 14 business days for the money to be returned which is very annoying. So now I never use the card to top up my Vodafone account. (It had happened 3 times with them before).

It's also notable to mention that Argos doesn't take Neteller pre-paid card. Tried once and Neteller locked my card, I called them and was told that Argos doesn't like Neteller for some reason. It was a very embarrassing situation at the cash out counter I can tell you.

I have also had several failed transactions on the vendor side e.g. Vodafone and some others where the vendor tells me the transaction didn't go through and the amount was deducted from my card. Had to wait the 14 business days for the money to be returned which is very annoying. So now I never use the card to top up my Vodafone account. (It had happened 3 times with them before).

Subway has declined my card in the past but sometimes decides it's ok. Neteller recently had a survey on what vendors you'd like them to be accepted at. You should suggest Argos.

Subway has declined my card in the past but sometimes decides it's ok. Neteller recently had a survey on what vendors you'd like them to be accepted at. You should suggest Argos.

Thanks Dave. I got the impression from Neteller that Argos didn't want Net + cards from Neteller not the other way around. At any rate I really don't shop that much at Argos for it to be an issue for me. Every other vendor I have used it in Ireland for accepts it ok. Even my local chemist:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back