Online Casinos - Casinomeister Logo
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 115

Thread: It's that Time of Year Again! Need your input for the 2016 Meister Awards!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Bierland...
    Posts
    24,830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    6,736
    Thanked 23,029 Times in 6,745 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    Reputation Points: 126512

    It's that Time of Year Again! Need your input for the 2016 Meister Awards!

    Best and Worst of Online Gambling - Meister Awards for 2016 - I need your input!

    Yep, once again a year has whizzed by and the Casinomeister Awards are being perlustrated, ranked, and written. Just like last year, and the year before, and the year before that, and that one, etc., etc., this is your chance to suggest new and interesting categories, awards, recipients, or any other input for that matter.

    For the newbies, The Casinomeister Awards are dished out right after the Xmas break - usually during the third week of January. It's an "event of the year" which has been held since 2001.

    For quite a number of people, these are the only awards that matter... Screw the rest, these are the best.

    The most recent years:

    http://www.casinomeister.com/meister_awards/2015/
    http://www.casinomeister.com/meister...tworst2014.php
    http://www.casinomeister.com/meister...tworst2013.php


    I could use input on best/worst categories. Stupid casino tricks - worst named, and/or anything else you can think of.

    With your input - I will be putting together a short list for the Best Casino 2016. The short list will be voted on (in a secret vote) by the Casinomeister Advisory Group.

    So, who will it be?
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.”

    ~Mark Twain

  2. Thanks JdRocks, clubworld, Deeplay, Mallorca, Nicola and 5 others thanked this post
    Likes dunover, goatwack, ferminkuipers liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    the bus shelter, opposite GCHQ Benhall
    Posts
    8,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks
    5,927
    Thanked 10,907 Times in 3,978 Posts
    Rep Power
    408
    Reputation Points: 68783
    Well it's been a BAD year for scamming twats with bent software. I feel we need a new category for Scheisshaus Kasinos caught using fake servers.

    We already have a category for dumbass casino names, this year seems to be concentrated on the nether regions with ARES (Rogue) Bumbet Mr. Ringo (the pile cream) etc.

    I can't say anything has stood out this year other than 32red continue to drop (well out of top 30 rated now) and some decent new casinos have taken up the mantle, so thus far seems last year's awards may not see too many changes? Who knows? Everyone chip in and we'll see....

    P.S Spintee has also been far more discreet about his browsing habits too.....

    PPS: I'd like to see a vote/general consensus on 'SLOT OF THE YEAR' - given that this year me and some others have consistently posted and video-reviewed new major releases there is a rich seam of opinion to be had. I really think this would be a good category to add!

    We've had Cleopatra Plus, Paranormal Activity, Queen Of Riches, Buffalo Blitz, Lost Vegas, 7 Sins, Motorhead etc.
    Maybe an opinion here.......?
    Last edited by dunover; 28th November 2016 at 12:00 PM. Reason: PPS

  4. Thanks Casinomeister, Deeplay, Blathaon thanked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    2,253
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks
    2,698
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 574 Posts
    Rep Power
    81
    Reputation Points: 11063
    Quote Originally Posted by dunover View Post
    Well it's been a BAD year for scamming twats with bent software. I feel we need a new category for Scheisshaus Kasinos caught using fake servers.

    We already have a category for dumbass casino names, this year seems to be concentrated on the nether regions with ARES (Rogue) Bumbet Mr. Ringo (the pile cream) etc.

    I can't say anything has stood out this year other than 32red continue to drop (well out of top 30 rated now) and some decent new casinos have taken up the mantle, so thus far seems last year's awards may not see too many changes? Who knows? Everyone chip in and we'll see....

    P.S Spintee has also been far more discreet about his browsing habits too.....

    PPS: I'd like to see a vote/general consensus on 'SLOT OF THE YEAR' - given that this year me and some others have consistently posted and video-reviewed new major releases there is a rich seam of opinion to be had. I really think this would be a good category to add!

    We've had Cleopatra Plus, Paranormal Activity, Queen Of Riches, Buffalo Blitz, Lost Vegas, 7 Sins, Motorhead etc.
    Maybe an opinion here.......?
    I'd agree that there should be a "Best Slot Release of 2016" award. It could even be sub-catted into Best NetEnt release of 2016, Best
    MG
    release of 2016 etc. Although that might be a problem, given that the
    MG
    one would likely have zero games shortlisted due to all the Dolly the Sheep slots they spewed out this year.

    So yeah, there's something for you to do Mr. D, compile a list of 2016 releases to aid us in our vote selections. Get to work mate

    PS You'll thank me for it later, or rather your arsehole will, because this task will inevitably cause your ahem....inner sanctum (rectum) to suffer less ahem...intrusion from the Rhino's big horn.

  6. Thanks Casinomeister, dunover, Blathaon thanked this post
    Likes goatwack, Harry_BKK, QueenBee liked this post
  7. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The biG Eu
    Posts
    2,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks
    643
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 656 Posts
    Rep Power
    91
    Reputation Points: 8843
    I defo think slot of the year ... as its been a busy time for developers, granted much crap churned out but some good ones also.

    Plus something with regards transparency and responsible gambling as this has been a hot topic this year. Players joining up
    then getting funds denied due to not understanding the implications of SE. Or casinos that have not listed sites in there group
    there in tripping players up who did SE or TAB only to be denied winnings. Granted a tricky one as this is also open to player abuse.

    But maybe an award for the best RS features, easy to access etc. They are a number of accredited casinos who really stand out from
    the rest in this respect. A social responsibility award if you like.

  8. Thanks Tirilej, Casinomeister, mcgameboy thanked this post
    Likes goatwack, cnichas, Harry_BKK, QueenBee liked this post
  9. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    2,253
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks
    2,698
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 574 Posts
    Rep Power
    81
    Reputation Points: 11063
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeplay View Post
    I defo think slot of the year ... as its been a busy time for developers, granted much crap churned out but some good ones also.

    Plus something with regards transparency and responsible gambling as this has been a hot topic this year. Players joining up
    then getting funds denied due to not understanding the implications of SE. Or casinos that have not listed sites in there group
    there in tripping players up who did SE or TAB only to be denied winnings. Granted a tricky one as this is also open to player abuse.

    But maybe an award for the best RS features, easy to access etc. They are a number of accredited casinos who really stand out from
    the rest in this respect. A social responsibility award if you like.
    Definitely should have this included.

  10. Thanks Deeplay, Casinomeister thanked this post
  11. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks
    8,314
    Thanked 6,525 Times in 3,133 Posts
    Rep Power
    250
    Reputation Points: 37260
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgameboy View Post
    Definitely should have this included.
    My thought too!

    Tonight there will be the EGR awards in London and Rizk is nominated for just that.
    Maybe they won't win that award but they should be considered here. That button for locking your withdrawal so you can't reverse it is really worthy of an award or three
    if you fall I'll be there
    -ground

  12. Likes dunover, cnichas, Harry_BKK liked this post
  13. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    1,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked 329 Times in 213 Posts
    Rep Power
    43
    Reputation Points: 2381
    There's been a particular forum member that impressed me this year. h

    How about an award; "Forum Member of the Year"? I think in the past there was an award for worst forum member.
    They ask you about wine and gambling. Say, "In them is great sin and benefit for people. But their sin is greater than their benefit."
    The Koran 2:219

  14. Thanks Casinomeister, mcgameboy thanked this post
    Likes goatwack, mina1929, QueenBee liked this post
  15. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The biG Eu
    Posts
    2,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks
    643
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 656 Posts
    Rep Power
    91
    Reputation Points: 8843
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilej View Post
    My thought too!

    Tonight there will be the EGR awards in London and Rizk is nominated for just that.
    Maybe they won't win that award but they should be considered here. That button for locking your withdrawal so you can't reverse it is really worthy of an award or three
    Agreed along with Videoslots and the Max Bet protection they have in place. It has saved my miserable ass a number of times! This along with a slew other RG tools of which SE is but one ...
    but tools which are used by players like myself who have virtually no will power and no self control when in the zone

  16. Likes goatwack, Harry_BKK liked this post
  17. #9
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    8,209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks
    5,655
    Thanked 5,403 Times in 2,778 Posts
    Rep Power
    248
    Reputation Points: 39066
    Quote Originally Posted by petro View Post
    There's been a particular forum member that impressed me this year. h

    How about an award; "Forum Member of the Year"? I think in the past there was an award for worst forum member.

    I was just about to post something very similar to this.

    I feel a 'Top 10' forum members may be helpful (In no particular order as Dunovers Geordie friends might say )

    Those who have provided not just helpful information to newbies etc but members who take time out of their days to provide other helpful and informative stuff.

    Dunovers 'New slot releases' and Blathaons
    RTP
    breakdown posts spring to mind as starting examples. As well as the more active Minions.
    On a losing Streak?? - Take a break, Eases the pain, Keeps you Sane!

  18. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    2,253
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks
    2,698
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 574 Posts
    Rep Power
    81
    Reputation Points: 11063
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilej View Post
    My thought too!

    Tonight there will be the EGR awards in London and Rizk is nominated for just that.
    Maybe they won't win that award but they should be considered here. That button for locking your withdrawal so you can't reverse it is really worthy of an award or three

    Funny you mentioned that. I just learned of that on Rizk's Insider page a few hours ago. I only went there to play my free spins and saw that story.
    Good to see that it's already getting some recognition in the form of an award nomination.

    But here's hoping they win that EGR gong tonight. It certainly deserves recognition in the form of some "hardware" (trophies), not just nominations.

  19. Thanks Deeplay, Tirilej thanked this post
    Likes mina1929, Harry_BKK liked this post
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Your Input Please It's that Time of Year Again! Need your input for the 2015 Meister Awards!
    By Casinomeister in forum Online Casinos
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 3rd January 2016, 12:39 AM
  2. Your Input Please It's that Time of Year Again! Need your input for the 2014 Meister Awards!
    By Casinomeister in forum Online Casinos
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 2nd January 2015, 04:53 PM
  3. It's that time of the year again....CM Awards
    By Casinomeister in forum Online Casinos
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 20th January 2010, 05:23 PM
  4. It's that time of the year again...Casinomeister Awards
    By Casinomeister in forum Online Casinos
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 19th January 2009, 04:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bladwijzers

Bladwijzers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Legal Statements and Privacy Policy
Casinomeister.com does not intend for any of the information contained on this website to be used for illegal purposes. You must ensure you meet all age and other regulatory requirements before entering a casino or placing a wager. Online gambling is illegal in many jurisdictions and users should consult legal counsel regarding the legal status of online gambling and gaming in their jurisdictions. The information in this site is for news and entertainment purposes only. Casinomeister.com is an independent directory and information service free of any gaming operator's control. Links to third party websites on Casinomeister.com are provided solely for informative/educational purposes. If you use these links, you leave this Website.