Genre of Music you most enjoy?

Surasanji

Dormant account
I'm in love, recently, with 'rock blues' as I tend to call the more modern Blues artists- two I've fallen in love with are: The Black Keys and Left Lane Cruiser.

For me? A great mix of rock and blues. Just beautiful! Check them out, if you get a chance (Sorry for the lack of links!)

I'm also really into the rock styling of Steven Wilson (of Porcupine Tree and a number of other projects!) and the Pineapple Thief.

Anyone have other things they enjoy? I love to discover new music! :)

So, my Genres? Rock, I suppose- with a lot of blues and psychedelia added for good measure!

What do my fellows on CM enjoy? Introduce me to something new, guys! :D

I would have to say that I enjoy soft 70's rock, but anything soft from the 80's and 90's and on is ok as well. I know that doesn't sound very masculine but it reminds me of more innocent times before my soul became tainted with whoring, thieving, and drugs, lol!

But still if I had to pick a couple of bands that were my favorite I would have to pick Tool and Led Zeppelin. Two bands with outstanding drummers, very creative and mysterious. Also they seem that they have taken the initiative on influencing their contemporaries rather than being influenced by them.

When I'm alone rock/hardrock/blues
When I'm working metal/hardcore/punk
When I'm out partying techno/goa

Can't stand modern r'n'b but I love otis redding
Can't stand modern hip hop but I love old dirty bastard
And can't stand pop music in general, especially being forced to listen to it wherever I go.

Last edited by a moderator:
This week, I'ave been mostly listening to Trip hop ...

Early Portishead & Tricky. Anything from Massive Attack.

... Which is great. :cool:

Good call :thumbsup:

These days when relaxing, I am very into ambient and electronic chill-out music: not mainstream chillout but the real droney soundscapes, usually beatless, often quite dark and verging on the experimental. The sort of music you'd find creating the mood in films a lot of the time.

That said, I'm off to see Depeche Mode and Gorillaz next month LOL.

I do miss buying records and the whole experience of taking it home and listening to it over and over though. I think the music industry was so slow on the uptake when it came to the WWW that they let web-savvy entrepreneurs dictate how it runs. It's great for the consumer (one Spotify subscription has saved me hundreds of pounds each year) but for the artists and labels the commercial landscape must be pretty bleak. The greatest thing about Spotify and Tune-in for me though is the vast array of new music I find almost daily and that has shaped my music tastes over the past few years more than anything.

Time for someone to put an LP together of Slot Machine music.

"Now Slots #1"

There could be money to be made here, Im suprised the sofware developers have not done this yet.
Its another way to get people addicted or desensitised, Play them those lovely coma inducing theme tunes like making people hungry by frying bacon.

Actualy, The album would probably become the #1 suicide album, so not such a great idea.

I like all music except rap. I just dont like the talking instead of singing.

Fave styles would be Rock, Kraut, Psychedelic etc
Trance, All types.
Triphop.
Ambient specialy E:MT
And i like 60s beach type rock n roll, garage , surf etc

All music is cool, But some dude talking about poppin caps in peoples asses just does not do it for me. Sorry.

Dire Straits
Sarah Brightman
Pink floyd (number 1 on my list)

Amazing.

Every time they come in action in states, would be the right time for me to visit my brother in California ( tell him how much I love him !! ;))

I like pretty much all genre's... except Country and Western :puke:

Mostly rock music, but a good mix of everything on my media player, eg (alphabetically - not all included)...
AC/DC
Billy Idol
Cher Lloyd
D12
David Bowie
Deep Purple
Diana Vickers
Dire Straits
Duran Duran
Eminem
Fleetwood Mac
Genesis
Hazel O'Connor
Iron Maiden (of course!)
Lily Allen
Manfred Mann's Earth Band
Michael Jackson
Mike Oldfield
Pink Floyd
Prince
Queen (absolutely my #1)
Rainbow
Rod Stewart
Space (Very under-rated)
Sparks (40+ years & still going strong!)
Status Quo
Wham!

KK

country music is the best

I love country music
tr

A bit of evrything except rap/hip hop and most dance stuff either. I don't like stuff that doesn't involve musicians as that is what music is all about otherwise they wouldn't be called that. And twisting records on a deck is called being a Disc Jockey not a musician.

Fave genre is rock/metal, but good music is good music..so i enjoy many styles tbh.

Listening to a lot of Joni Mitchell at present, which is pretty far removed from my usual playlists. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back