RIP Joe Cocker

gagamel

Professional smurf hunter
Please feel free to give us some Cocker videos you like. One of my Woodstock heoes died today at the age of 70.

Makes me sad to hear.

Hope you are in a good condition now Joe :)

When my wife and I went on one of our first trips to the cinema his version of "Up Where We Belong" played before the movie started so I always remember him for that. He always pulled some right faces when singing. It was like he was in constant pain.

Delta Lady

Oh man, this one hurts. Joe was certainly one of my faves and I am so glad I got to see him once. Here he is with Leon Russell in the old "Mad Dogs and Englishmen" era, around 1970, with a sweet tune, "Delta Lady."

For all the kids out there, pay attention, this is good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another one of the guys I grew up with, gone.
Joe was with me, through my teenage years, in good times and in bad.
He kept sticking his head in occasionally, through my adult life, and always brought back memories, and will continue to do so, until it's my turn to go.

Rest in peace and thank you for the song, Joe ;)

This was always one of my favorite songs. I really liked Joe's voice, although I found it weird to watch him perform - between the faces and the whatever he always did with his hands it was too distracting for me.

A great performer with a pretty unique voice and style...one of my favourites who I will miss.

Sad that he has gone.

One more version of what I feel was Joe's defining song. Someone could post a thousand versions of this song and I would watch and cherish every one. I get the feeling from this vid that everyone who was present there knew that they were watching a true Titan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back