how much do you need

zebedy

No!!!! Im Spartacus
For a new affiliate just starting out how much diskspace and bandwidth would you need, im guessing at not much to start because its doubtful you will get much traffic,
would the following be enough? and does this sould like a good deal ?

Disk Space 125MB
FTP Accounts Unlimited
POP3 Accounts Unlimited
Mailinglists Unlimited
MySQL Databases Unlimited
Subdomains Unlimited
Bandwidth 2GB per month
2.00 per month

the company is 5quidhost.co.uk, anybody know anything about them ?

Hi zebedy,

Go check out www.vidahost.com they have UK & US hosting packages which are reasonably priced.

I've been with these guys (Dom & Seb) since 2005 and I can not fault them.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Basic Package at 2.99 would suit your needs IMO. All packages come with CPanel which again IMO is a lot easier to use the Plesk or similar if your just starting out.

Don't know if they still do it...but if you contact the lads tell em "AussieDave" sent you and you may get a 10% discount.

Edit: If you plan on using a .uk domain make sure your site will be hosted on a UK server.

Cheers

:)

Dave

Last edited:
I was asking vidahost last year for the starter package, but at least until that date they did not provide Frontpage extensions. Only FTP

Hi villa10,

Sorry I've not responded sooner. Better late than never I guess :D

For what it's worth I seriously take a look at losing Frontpage as web development tool. It adds a lot of extra tags and crap to your source code. It just bloats the crap out of it. Really it's a tool designed for the home user or someone wanting to put up a nifty personal web site as opposed to what we do.

I use Dreamweaver and have done since 97 -98. Granted it's not cheap but it's 1000% better than front page.

Cheers

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back