888 affiliates site

ganit

Banned User - 888.com shill
Just saw the new 888 affiliates site, it looks really good. Seems they did a major facelift to it, and it looks like someone there was paying attention to the feedback they got …..

Just saw the new 888 affiliates site, it looks really good. Seems they did a major facelift to it, and it looks like someone there was paying attention to the feedback they got …..

I haven't looked, but you will find that there are many affiliates who want nothing to do with this group. They have predatory terms, and have a slew of bad player experiences. You won't find them listed here. They were here briefly, but haven't been here for a while.

Read this and decide if you really want to be recommending these guys to affiliates and players: 888 and related properties are ignoring player complaints.

Without meaningful change behind the scenes a site "facelift" is just a new coat of paint. If you are impressed by that then their marketing campaign is accomplishing exactly what was intended.

They seem to have slipped one past the UKGC, very disappointing. I have been seeing 888 ads on the telly post Nov 1st. Lambs to the slaughter springs to mind.

It does the UKGC no credit to give seasoned players the impression that any old clip joint can just pay the fee, agree to pay 15% tax, and get a licence. Worse, the loss of so many options to UK players means that 888 have more chance of snaring some lost little lambs for their abattoir.

Knowing 888 I suspect that they were able to exert whatever influence was necessary to get what they wanted. They always do. :rolleyes:

Knowing 888 I suspect that they were able to exert whatever influence was necessary to get what they wanted. They always do. :rolleyes:

I am surprised given that the GRA, probably at the behest of 888, first insulted the UKGC & UK government, and then chucked a spanner in the works by launching a court case that was more or less thrown out.

I am surprised ...

I'm not. I would expect them to do whatever suits their purposes. As I think I mentioned in the Warning, they're not prone to giving a damn what anyone thinks of what they do or how they do it. If the money flows into their coffers, and it apparently does so very nicely, then pretty much anything is fair game. AFAICT.

Remember, I've been dealing with issues related to these guys for well over a decade. I'm not saying I see everything objectively but I am confident that my view of this company and their doings is based on a healthy body of observed evidence.

I'm not. I would expect them to do whatever suits their purposes. As I think I mentioned in the Warning, they're not prone to giving a damn what anyone thinks of what they do or how they do it. If the money flows into their coffers, and it apparently does so very nicely, then pretty much anything is fair game. AFAICT.

Remember, I've been dealing with issues related to these guys for well over a decade. I'm not saying I see everything objectively but I am confident that my view of this company and their doings is based on a healthy body of observed evidence.

It's the UKGC I am surprised at, not 888. The way 888 behave could now drag the UKGC into the mire along with the GRA. The question "how the hell did they pass due diligence to get a UK licence" is going to get asked, and this will make the UKGC look no better than the rest, in it for the money, not player protection.

It's the UKGC I am surprised at, not 888.

Ah, understood. Well 888 has deep pockets and a long reach. Yes it is disheartening that the UKGC seems unable to make its own decisions regarding 888 & Co but like I said, they do have a habit of getting their way. In this case that obviously includes the green light from the UK.

I notice the OP has disappeared, no doubt uninterested in replying to negative critism of 888's predatory terms.

Regarding the conversation that is going on, it will be very intersting to see who is the first site/company to be prosecuted by the UKGC for not paying their tax. No doubt smaller targets will be at the top of the list, as the cost of going after the big boys is going to be very expensive.

LOL!!!

LOL!!! I just looked up the IP of our OP (how 'bout dem acronyms)

inetnum: 82.166.9.32 - 82.166.9.47
netname: Random_Logic_ltd
descr: Random_Logic_ltd
admin-c: NV4923-RIPE
tech-c: NN105-RIPE
mnt-by: NV-MNT-RIPE
mnt-lower: NV-MNT-RIPE

Freakin' shill.

Hard evidence that nothing has changed over at 888.

I wonder if this puts them in breach of the UK standards though, as this is normally an action that would be classed as "illegal" under things like advertising standards and business practice regulations. I think a formal complaint to the ASA would stand the best chance, as this is clearly a cloaked advert for their new affiliate site, but it's disguised as a genuine customer review, and this is a practice that has gotten other businesses into trouble in the past.

I think the negative effects from being so sneaky is doing enough harm as it is. My guess is that a dozen or more decent sized affiliates have seen this post and realise that nothing has changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back