Beware !!!!!! Ransomware attack has gone global

syrus2

Banned User - repetitive trollish behavior

Going by the fact that everyone receives new mail every day.
In case you do care , this information can be valuable to you.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

In case you have'nt done it yet, please update MS17-010 from Microsoft, in order to poem the leak , directly.

The malware is distributed through an attachment in an email.
If you do not trust the mail , do'nt open it.

Cheers ,,,

Also a good time to remind people to back-up their computers regularly. Most ISPs offer free online storage as well as Google, Amazon etc.

Keeping a copy of all your documents remotely is very safe these days and if the worst happens to your home PC, you can always retrive the files back when you're up and running again.

Going by the fact that everyone receives new mail every day.
In case you do care , this information can be valuable to you.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

In case you have'nt done it yet, please update MS17-010 from Microsoft, in order to poem the leak , directly.

The malware is distributed through an attachment in an email.
If you do not trust the mail , do'nt open it.

Cheers ,,,

Ransomware....pffft.

Only if you're stupid will you get that installed in your computer.

I am more worried about the privacy invasion that is Microsoft/Windows collecting every piece of information about you from your computer....hence the name windows.

Even your Antivirus is more concerning than Ransomware, it scans every single file on your computer and knows everything you have and who you are (It's the ultimate government spyware). Viruses and Spyware were created for this very purpose. To have actual spyware installed on your computer willingly.

Borrow my tinfoil hat and relax :cool:

Also a good time to remind people to back-up their computers regularly. Most ISPs offer free online storage as well as Google, Amazon etc.

Keeping a copy of all your documents remotely is very safe these days and if the worst happens to your home PC, you can always retrive the files back when you're up and running again.

Again, from an entirely privacy point perspective, I would recommend people would just purchase a cheap External HDD. :thumbsup:

Ransomware....pffft.

Only if you're stupid will you get that installed in your computer.

I am more worried about the privacy invasion that is Microsoft/Windows collecting every piece of information about you from your computer....hence the name windows.

Even your Antivirus is more concerning than Ransomware, it scans every single file on your computer and knows everything you have and who you are (It's the ultimate government spyware). Viruses and Spyware were created for this very purpose. To have actual spyware installed on your computer willingly.

Borrow my tinfoil hat and relax :cool:

I would'nt say that mate. Not this time .

This group is very well organized,, bunch of smart ars T-rexes we're dealing with.
They know very well how to pull off a scape from the center of the park and pick up an innocent tourist.

I saw some pictures and I can assure you they have made it to look like a real business.
Easy to make a mistake , can happens to anyone.

They're looking to find out what's your prime interests. This could be anything (gambling / sport / health / ..... and so on). Hence, a public domain (Forums / facbook / twiter / .....) is such an attractive fun park for these son of a bitches.

It's extremely important, not to post any private info regarding anyone in a public forum. ( domain register /mail address/ names / ................).

And yeah , Microsoft is a big mess when it comes down to security and Privacy. spot on.
a colleague of mine has upgraded from Microsoft to Linux (GNU/Linux).
He does'nt have to deal with this kind of shit.

Has to be said, number of people who use the Microsoft worldwide are in majority.
That makes Microsoft an very attractive target for cyber criminals.

btw, No worris about tinfoil hat brother . It's okey . :cool:

It's getting bigger all the time. However, the finger has also been pointed at Microsoft, and it's down to their deliberate policy of constantly ditching support for what are perfectly functioning pieces of hardware in order to force people to keep on shelling out for the next Windows OS. This causes a permanent pool of vulnerable PCs where the user is pretty powerless when it comes to keeping the OS itself secure. Given that Microsoft's OS is so universal, it should not be up to a private company to decide whether or not to create a national security risk simply to inflate it's own profits.

Reports are also surfacing that the origin of this attack was some leaked code from the NSA, presumably something being developed for cyber warfare. If anything, we are lucky that this is a bunch of criminals after a chunk of money as they have operated the built in kill switch now that they have enough on their plate.

However, what if ISIS had gotten hold of this code, and had used it with the intent of bringing down the West, and had no intention of either killing the spread nor decrypting files upon payment.

We have already seen Stuxnet escape into the wild, and that was also code developed as a cyber warfare tool aimed at Iran's nuclear program. Stuxnet didn't ask the Iranian government for money in order to restore the kit, it's intent was to do as much damage as possible.

Maybe the NSA and other national security agencies should develop their own secure OS for government use, with the motivation being to make all government and security sensitive operations secure, rather than make profit from constant forced upgrades. They could also ask the question "Is too much of our most sensitive hardware open to the internet?". If this started from email spam, then it means that every affected network was open to the internet. Since nearly all such malware attacks arise from emails and dodgy websites, it makes sense to have complete separation of critical intranets from the external internet, with very strict controls on how data is transferred between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back