Feedback wanted - re: 3 player HT "jackpot" SNG's

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
Is a $21 profit good for $58 worth of entry fees/juice? $2 tourneys, minimum $4 winner take all, maximum $5k. Playing on Black Chip Poker w/27% rakeback...

Not bragging, but I've won 5 of 29 so far tonight... so ~18%. I know volume is key, and will be playing at least 3 at a time...(only on a 17" laptop, so space is limited)

Honest question :) I love these HT's, and the chance to hit big is there. 3 player max makes it nice, too. The longest HE tourney I've played so far lasted a whopping 13 minutes...lol...usually over in 5. There's a ton of luck involved, of course, but hey, it's fun!

I think I'll be playing these almost exclusively. Games are never ending. It's just that I've never really (seriously) delved into SnG's before, and just looking for some feedback.

Thanks!

Last edited:
In the longer term, 18% isn't going to be enough to make a profit (even though $21 profit on $58 of entries is a nice result! :thumbsup:) - you would need 36% to break even at the non-jackpot variety, and for the majority of Jackpot SNG players that will increase slightly as they don't win the top prizes.

The payout structure for Black Chip Poker can be found at
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Code:
Award	Frequency %	Cumulative Returns
2500x	 0.001%		94.00%
 200x	 0.005% 	93.23%
 100x	 0.010% 	93.03%
  20x	 0.100% 	92.61%
   8x	 0.500% 	92.14%
   6x	 7.500%		91.73%
   4x	21.366% 	86.32%
   2x	70.518% 	66.67%

The best way to think of Jackpot SNGs is as one-part poker, one-part lottery. Each JSNG has a 66% starting prize pool, 28% contribution to the jackpot pool and 6% rake (other sites will naturally vary).

The prize variance evens out pretty quickly though as by a hundred tournaments you'd be pretty unlucky to have a tRTP under 90% (theoretical return to players, that is the cumulative prize pools across all of your matches) - compared to a fixed 94% for the non-jackpot variety - and of course you have a shot at the biggest prizes.

If you can win 40% of your matches, you should be a winning player even if you don't hit the big prizes - as always, player skill is the biggest factor ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back