Announcing a YouTube Slot Video Channel

Hi there

I am new to the forum and i just wondered if this was the place i could post a link to my YouTube channel?

Thanks.

Is that the sole reason you joined?

Hi guys,

Apologies for the delayed reply I had to pop out.

Thanks for the answers, i just wanted to check before i posted the channel link, i'm just looking to get a wider audience.

Dunover, no, i wouldn't say it's the only reason i joined but if it was, would that trouble you? I'm sure i can make a valued contribution during my existence on the forums, give me time lad.

How long is it before my posts will just appear on the threads without having to be moderated? I don't want to ruffle any feathers which is why i asked before posting any links. It's difficult to have any sort of conversation if each post has to be moderated though.

Thanks

How long is it before my posts will just appear on the threads without having to be moderated? I don't want to ruffle any feathers which is why i asked before posting any links. It's difficult to have any sort of conversation if each post has to be moderated though.

Thanks

There has been a heavy influx of spammers on here of later hence the reason newbies getting each and every post 'passed' before it shows.

I can't recall the exact number of posts or time frame as I read about it a while back, plus with stress levels so high. my poor memory ain't what it used to be.

I'm pretty sure it isn't that long or unbearable tho mate and I look forward to seeing your videos :thumbsup:

Maybe worth dropping Bryan (CM himself) a PM?

Welcome to the forum The Bandit (I am MarkJ on Youtube btw).

Really enjoy your videos.

I hope you can make some positive contributions to the forum, you seem to be a nice and sensible kind of chap :thumbsup:

Edit: This is the link to his channel:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
- definitely worth checking out (and no, I am not promoting nor sponsoring him, as a matter of fact he sort of is "competition" if you like)

Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciate it.

I certainly will aim to contribute positively to the forum Mark, appreciate you sticking my channel link up there.

Thanks for the advice on the post moderation, understandable if there are spammers on the loose!

Hi guys,

Apologies for the delayed reply I had to pop out.

Thanks for the answers, i just wanted to check before i posted the channel link, i'm just looking to get a wider audience.

Dunover, no, i wouldn't say it's the only reason i joined but if it was, would that trouble you? I'm sure i can make a valued contribution during my existence on the forums, give me time lad.

It would yes, as it's not a place that exists solely to allow people to promote their sites/channels whilst not bothering to engage the rest of the community or contribute. It would bother quite a few others too. As Jon said this is why you're moderated for the first 10 posts or whatever the criteria is now, in order to establish your intent (or not) to spam/promote. There are already quite a few who contribute nothing bar triumphant videos advertising their YT channels. Perhaps members should have to meet criteria of time of membership and number of useful posts before being permitted to advertise.

So it may be prudent to make the 'valued contributions' first to earn the privilege to advertise. That's how it works if you're a Webby but I'm not sure about YT or whether the mods class that as affiliate material although YT channels and affiliates are nowadays inexorably interwoven.

You would definitely have to serve time to earn the right to have a link in your signature to your channel, if you post it in a thread it'd get buried fast anyway and maybe ask the Admin first?

Welcome to the forum The Bandit (I am MarkJ on Youtube btw).

Really enjoy your videos.

I hope you can make some positive contributions to the forum, you seem to be a nice and sensible kind of chap :thumbsup:

Edit: This is the link to his channel: Outdated URL (Invalid) - definitely worth checking out (and no, I am not promoting nor sponsoring him, as a matter of fact he sort of is "competition" if you like)

Best laugh I've had today mate, cheers! So you've assisted him to bypass the minimum post/moderated posts rules?

By the way I think I am even subscribed to him from ages back, and he's OK, but surely this goes against the spirit of the CM rules?

I seem to have trodden on Dunovers toes here so i'l just quietly slide off like Homer does when he disappears into his hedge. I didn't mean to annoy anyone, which is why i never actually posted any link, i asked first, but never mind. Thanks for your time in replying.

Best laugh I've had today mate, cheers! So you've assisted him to bypass the minimum post/moderated posts rules?

By the way I think I am even subscribed to him from ages back, and he's OK, but surely this goes against the spirit of the CM rules?

I am not known for making people laugh so that must be a first for me.

I all fairness to the OP, he did ask. I take the consequence for going against the spirit of the CM rules and take a slap on the wrist for it. I only did it because the channel is entertaining and contains some good slot bonus sessions. Isn't that what members want to see?

I noticed that the OP has since replied and it looks like the rather cold welcome he received has put him off. That is a real shame in my opinion.

I seem to have trodden on Dunovers toes here so i'l just quietly slide off like Homer does when he disappears into his hedge. I didn't mean to annoy anyone, which is why i never actually posted any link, i asked first, but never mind. Thanks for your time in replying.

No it's just there are procedures to go through if you're new, as Interlog advised and I said at the end of the my last reply to you - in both cases ask the Admin was the conclusion. It's only respectful and fair for you to do so, especially as the rest of us have to earn link privileges rather than get them granted the day we join. :)

Not posting your link was wise as the chances are you'd have had the warning or ban hammer like the rest who do that sort of thing - you seem to have asked everybody via this thread except those that make the decision viz-a-viz the admin! I personally don't think it would be fair for reasons already mentioned, i.e. the rules but there's no harm in asking.....and I do like your channel as Interlog does but that's not the point! :thumbsup:

Why not get involved here and forget the link then add it further down the line?

P.S. Forgive the cynicism but as Jon inferred we are very sensitive to opportunists, all of whom join to take and not give, and spammers. If you stick about you'll see it's almost a daily event. And you need more bitching and profanity in your videos, it almost feels like you're enjoying the games.

Don't leave chap, Im always telling people to join here in Pauls stream and I often get people say the same, "they felt it was quite hostile when they joined" please don't take it personal and become a valued member as I'm 110% sure you would, it's because your an affiliate that your getting the headmaster talk :p

I'm sure with the viewers you get the boss would be most pleased to have you amongst us as the site imo could do with some fresh faces especially with the competition popping up everywhere, were all just gamblers after all and I'm sure if you enjoy it here you'd also recommend the place

It's hackz btw :thumbsup:

Thanks

The first two posts are moderated to ensure you are not a spam bot. After that, your account is free to post. It doesn't work 100% of the time (we are still looking into this), that's why we get the occasional spam posts.

As for posting links, it's always good form to ask - which you did - and better form to ask the administrators. But it's cool. We don't have stringent rules on link posting - but when it's spammy, it can receive the ban hammer.

I don't mind links to youtube channels sharing sites etc., but as soon as it gets spammy (read: ad laden), then the ban hammer (or thread crusher) comes out.

If it looks as if people come pouring to only post their YouTube links, then we'll consider making it conditional to membership ranking. The bottom line is, this forum is a community that we all value, and it's here to share information, to bitch and complain, solve problems, to have jovial jocularities, and to make this world a better place. Abuse it and lose it. :D

And thanks for joining. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back