Flashback To Summer

Jd666

Riff Raff
CAG
mm4
Thought i would just post some photos from last summer and autumn of my favourite place on East Yorkshires coast, Flamborough.
This is where i laid my wifes ashes to rest last year.
Going to get a memorial bench for her when i can save the money up as they arent cheap. About £750 pound as you have to go through the council.

DSC00140[1].jpg

DSC00144[1].jpg

DSC00351[1].jpg

DSC00249[1].jpg

Very nice pics.

Looks nice and peaceful and secluded where you can relax and remember good times, perfect!

Its lovely when the weather is nice. There are certain spots near sea level where you cant hear a thing.
I Went last Monday but it was like the Antartic without the snow.
I took this Video, the noise is the wind.
And the photos after was taken in nearby Bridlington on the same day, it wasnt bad there at all and its only a couple of miles down the coast.

12743586_834325073379888_1421030053294670967_n.jpg

12742082_834171370061925_514278291166531979_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, very nice pics.
Strange name for an arcade!
I used to run an arcade, cascade amusements.
Back in the £10 and £15 all cash jackpot days!
Think the very first party time 3 player stand up came out, then loads of different variants followed!

Wow, very nice pics.
Strange name for an arcade!
I used to run an arcade, cascade amusements.
Back in the £10 and £15 all cash jackpot days!
Think the very first party time 3 player stand up came out, then loads of different variants followed!

Used to be called Joyland until the Nobles bought it in the late 70's or 80's ( I believe )
Used to be the biggest arcade in Britain, it had speedway, ghost train and other rides in it.
It now has a full size bowling alley, cinema, bars, restaurant, loads of ticket machines and pushers, video games, a boatload of 10p £5 jackpot machines, four over 18's areas, tons of partytimes lol and a nightclub upstairs.
It even had a book written about its history, i have the book and its an interesting read.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Bet that was interesting owning an arcade, used to love them in the 80's and 90's. My local used to have every Project machine going and they used to pay for my nights out.

Used to be called Joyland until the Nobles bought it in the late 70's or 80's ( I believe )
Used to be the biggest arcade in Britain, it had speedway, ghost train and other rides in it.
It now has a full size bowling alley, cinema, bars, restaurant, loads of ticket machines and pushers, video games, a boatload of 10p £5 jackpot machines, four over 18's areas, tons of partytimes lol and a nightclub upstairs.
It even had a book written about its history, i have the book and its an interesting read.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Bet that was interesting owning an arcade, used to love them in the 80's and 90's. My local used to have every Project machine going and they used to pay for my nights out.
I remember reading online about joy land.
Oh yeah I loved the projects and ace space techs, great games back in 90's £4.80 tokens.
There's an arcade with loads of older token jackpots down in Maidstone.

I remember reading online about joy land.
Oh yeah I loved the projects and ace space techs, great games back in 90's £4.80 tokens.
There's an arcade with loads of older token jackpots down in Maidstone.

Is that Reelfruits?

Would love to go but too far for me.

Bridlington has got rid of the classics now, it still had a Crystal Maze and a couple of Andy Capps until last year. Its still got an Andys Great Escape on 5p £6 token jackpot

This is size of the Forum, circled it in red.

forum.jpg

Thanks for that! Looks massive.
Yeah reel fruits and another at tonbridge.
But both is about 2.5 - 3 hour drive each way!
Hope you get a bench in memory of your wife, I'm sure the council will approve, would they install it for you?
I have seen loads of benches in memory of loved ones but I have no clue in how to go about it in installing in public parks/ cliff tops.

Loved the Project Coin machines :thumbsup:

Our local arcade had 3 x 777 heaven, 3 x Jackpot 7's, 2 x Hit the Six and 2 x Double Up along with a few others like Rags to Riches etc

Used to get there early most days and quickly empty 2-3 of the token tubes, stashing the tokens away for when the 'normal' customers had been and filled up all the other machines.

Happy days lol, paid for my nights out too, along with my fags, new clothes and plenty of other stuff, simply could not lose back in the day!

Thanks for that! Looks massive.
Yeah reel fruits and another at tonbridge.
But both is about 2.5 - 3 hour drive each way!
Hope you get a bench in memory of your wife, I'm sure the council will approve, would they install it for you?
I have seen loads of benches in memory of loved ones but I have no clue in how to go about it in installing in public parks/ cliff tops.

Would be a bit longer for me as i live about ten miles from Leeds and i dont drive.

Yep, the council would do everything including maintainance including providing the bench, thats why its so expensive. You cant provide your own bench.

Loved the Project Coin machines :thumbsup:

Our local arcade had 3 x 777 heaven, 3 x Jackpot 7's, 2 x Hit the Six and 2 x Double Up along with a few others like Rags to Riches etc

Used to get there early most days and quickly empty 2-3 of the token tubes, stashing the tokens away for when the 'normal' customers had been and filled up all the other machines.

Happy days lol, paid for my nights out too, along with my fags, new clothes and plenty of other stuff, simply could not lose back in the day!

Ours had 2 x 777 heaven (didnt know the 10p trick at the time) A Jackpot 7, A Hit The Six, A Sevens above, A Crazy Pays, Sevens And Melons which could hold 4 or 5 times on jackpot. Then others which used to streak were Blue Moon, Mirage and 8th wonder. Just used to go round them until they streaked.
Any tokens left used to go into crystal maze, winner takes all, take your pick and doctor who.
Job done, all weekend piss up and Albums and Metallica T shirts lol

Cor the great memories!
Shame it's all long gone.
I had a crystal maze in my arcade on 20p £10 jackpot and it worked very hard for 3 years till 2001
Most popular machine than the other "brand new £15 machines"
I remember doing the cash box collections, I struggled to get the box out of crystal maze!
In a week it took over £600! Even on 86%!
Seen one of the regulars get the jackpot repeater, 8 repeats! Yes the pound tube ran dry then 20p coins followed!
Never saw another projects double up since 1992.

Thanks for info regarding to benches and the council, sounds good.

Cor the great memories!
Shame it's all long gone.
I had a crystal maze in my arcade on 20p £10 jackpot and it worked very hard for 3 years till 2001
Most popular machine than the other "brand new £15 machines"
I remember doing the cash box collections, I struggled to get the box out of crystal maze!
In a week it took over £600! Even on 86%!
Seen one of the regulars get the jackpot repeater, 8 repeats! Yes the pound tube ran dry then 20p coins followed!
Never saw another projects double up since 1992.

Thanks for info regarding to benches and the council, sounds good.

Most i had was 4 repeats on Crystal Maze.
We used to have a couple of £10 Jackpot 5p play round here, BWB conversion, they didnt play bad to be honest but never nudged or held if you had 2 of the same symbols on winline.
Used to hold all reels if skill stop or the reel stop symbol was above on reel 2, used to give you the one nudge regular, and sometime blue 7's were there on a good number to gamble to tenner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back