Deal or No Deal - lucky fix

5ta

So I was playing Deal or No Deal on SkyVegas and paid £1 to play. I had been playing it for a while and sometimes let my kids pick the boxes... but what do you make of this ? For me the game is ruined and any company running this game has lost some credibility.

Deal or No Deal fell over PT I - PT II is in the second post due to forum rules.

The thing here is the disconnection crash clearly demonstrates that the game is not random or lucky dip at all. No matter what boxes you pick, the same values came out. I can also tell you, that after the actual offer, which I declined, I then went on to play and picked some good boxes and the minor offer was upped. The next round, I hit 'big' boxes and tried one last time to see if the reload would reset the game back to the beginning but it reset back to the last offer and box scenario, which again lead to me picking out the same box values for that particular round too ending in the same offer. I went on to get back 75p

The fact is, as soon as you start playing the first round (the same applies to subsequent rounds), those first 6 box values are determined no matter what boxes you pick. I understand I cannot argue if those values are picked fairly but this also clearly shows that if I changed my mind on any particular box, it makes zero difference to the outcome.

Kind of ruined the game in regards to fun... Sad to know that it is fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deal or No Deal fell over PT II

Please note, I can if need be, upload the higher res videos. The conversion murdered the quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I see it is that its pre programmed, If it cuts out than it will obvious have the same amounts come out albeit in a different position,

What I do not get is that you said you was offered different amounts?

I would also make the point that although this game has no 'reels' it is exactly the same as a slot and programmed / designed to have 'taking streaks' and 'paying streaks'

Very similar to pick me rounds on slots, doesn't matter which 'X' you chose the program already knows what it wants (or doesn't want) to give players before the round starts / any interaction from the player.

The DOND feature would be based on this but maybe with some slight flexibility allowing a 'range' of wins but only a very small one from the actual amount it is willing to pay at the time of play.

Edit: If the £10 was removed regardless of 'picks' EVERY single 'go' then there would be an issue, However as stated IMO I reckon on 'go' number 'X' - all of a sudden the £10 will NOT be removed in the first round.

To prove or disprove this you will need to play some serious rounds. I would recommend trying say 100 rounds in 'Fun Mode' to start the ball rolling. Tedious I know but I'd hope it would prove my point and also put your mind at ease!!

The way I see it is that its pre programmed, If it cuts out than it will obvious have the same amounts come out albeit in a different position,

What I do not get is that you said you was offered different amounts?

No I get they are pre-programmed which clearly shows there is no change mind luck. I also get that is a contradiction of some sort but not having thought about it before, has ruined the luck aspect. No biggy I suppose.

I was offered different amounts on each round which is normal. Each round offered the same values regardless of box choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back