Happy Birthday Chayton!!

Tirilej

Still a Lady
CAG
MM
The day is here....again! The nicest girl in this forum is having a special day:notworthy

Happy Birthday Chayton!

Have a great day now and please smile :cheers:

Hey Cindy! This B-dDay thread made me realize we have been seeing way too little of you lately!
Here's to hoping your busy with loads of fun stuff, and regardless of that, i really hope you have a marvelous day today!
With Ray, all your Friends and Family, and perhaps accompanied by a fair amount of entertaining liquids :D

I'll join and say cheers to your health!
Also hope you win HUGE on any B-Day chip you may receive!

Hey thanks everyone and especially thanks to Sara who started the thread AND let me know it was here! I know I haven't been around much lately (I miss you guys) but life has been busy and a little stressful lately. I'm still playing a bit but can't win shit and my site has been stuck on the back burner - lots of stuff going on this summer and I haven't had much free time. Or extra money as it happens. In case you're interested, this is some of the stuff that's been going on in my life since I last bored you with the story of my life.

First off, Ray got really sick for awhile, turned out to be Graves disease - for those of you who don't know, that's when your thyroid starts going crazy and producing too much thyroid hormone, it causes (among other things) extremely high blood pressure and fast heart rate and all the things that go along with that. When he was diagnosed his thyroid was producing SIX times the maximum level so it's a wonder his head didn't just explode. Anyhow to make a long story short, there were lots of side effects from that and for the first few months of medication, but after about a year his last blood test shows he's back to normal (or as normal as Ray can be anyhow ;)) now and they think he's cured.

Also we bought this house that we're living in, but there were some family problems that I won't get into here - suffice it to say that it dragged probate out way longer than it needed to be, and a lot of that legal stuff happened during the time that Ray was sick, and also because Ray owns his own business, work was really hard while he was ill so we didn't know what was going to happen with work OR home for awhile there.

But finally his one sibling who was holding everything up quit being a tool, Ray started feeling better and we bought the house, which you'll find a picture of if you look up 'money pit' in the dictionary. I started working part time, got a few freelance jobs so was busy there for awhile. Put my site on hold. Then my dog got sick. Took him to the vet and he got sicker. Fired my vet. Got a new vet and paid through the nose for surgery. My dog is now ok. Took on a freelance job. Got another freelance job. Had to do some renovations in the house. Computer died. Put my site on hold. Fixed the computer. Started running the sound board at church. More renovations. Got another really big freelance job. Put my site on hold. Then - this is hilarious - worked for a month and the DAY BEFORE the freelance job site went live I accidentally deleted the admin account. :eek2: Did some creative hacking and saved my ass. Get a bunch of estimates on a new roof. Hire a roofing company, have a few glitches but then spent the next two weeks with lots of crashing and banging and guys on ladders outside every window. Finally a new roof, yay! Whew...now it's time to get back to normal. Mom calls, she's been diagnosed with cancer.

sigh...so we just came back from a flying trip out to visit her, she went in for her surgery and she's home again. Doing ok and hoping that they got it all and that she won't have to have chemo or radiation. (Which as Jazzy probably guessed is my birthday wish)

So that's about it...Oh wait one more thing....I went to my doctor because I've been feeling like total crap for the last 6 months or so, I had some tests done and had to go see him the day before going to see my mom. He says, "Your thyroid is really low" and then he says "Are you still taking your thyroid medicine?" and I said no, he asks me why not, and I say "Because you said I didn't need it and took me off of it 3 years ago." He's like "Oh well you need to start taking it again." Then he prints out this paper and asks me to sign it...I just glance at it and sign it and he gives me a copy. He tells me to quit smoking and make an appointment in 3 months, I shove my copy of the paper in my pocket and get my prescription and go home. Finish packing, go to throw my stuff in the hamper, wait what's this in my pocket...? It's the thing from the doctor, just some of my medical history - what surgeries I had and what bones I broke etc. I go to throw it away and notice on top of the page it says "Chronic renal failure (Stage 2)" and I was like WTF is THIS? Of course now it's 10pm Friday night and we're leaving town the next morning and I've already got WAYYYY too much stuff already going on.

As you can probably imagine, I had a bit of a meltdown in the doctor's office when I got back. But I'm ok, nothing to worry about currently. Mom is doing ok, Ray's good, the roof is done, my doggie is healthy. Got a new computer (for my birthday) and I'm trying to get used to Windows 10. Got a few free chips for my birthday but couldn't win on any of them.

ok wake up, I'm done now! :p Sorry I didn't mean to write a novel here, but you know how I get when I have a captive audience. heh.

That's an awful lot of the proverbial all hitting the fan at once Chayton - those around you are fortunate that you can and have coped with it all.

Holding thumbs that things continue to improve.

That's an awful lot of the proverbial all hitting the fan at once Chayton - those around you are fortunate that you can and have coped with it all.

Holding thumbs that things continue to improve.

I don't know if you could actually call what I'm doing 'coping' - it's more like shell shock lately! :)

I don't know if you could actually call what I'm doing 'coping' - it's more like shell shock lately! :)

Glad to see everything is working out okay now Cindy. What a very stressful few months you have. Talk about Murphy's law. It's great that you and Mom, Ray and your dog are doing better. Also good thing the roof is on before winter:D

You are a strong woman Cindy what you went through is a lot and you remain upbeat which shows your strength. Keep smiling and hopefully when you start playing the slots again you start winning:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back