computer (laptop)/tv connections

ksech

Dormant account
Is it possible for me to plug the HDMI cable into my laptop so I can watch the movies on Netflix on my HD tv? or do I need a different type of cable? *feeling like I need a guide for dummies on most things lately* Thank you for any thoughts, ideas info on this!

Is it possible for me to plug the HDMI cable into my laptop so I can watch the movies on Netflix on my HD tv? or do I need a different type of cable? *feeling like I need a guide for dummies on most things lately* Thank you for any thoughts, ideas info on this!

Yes it's possible.

No you don't need anything else. Just the HDMI cable if I'm not mistaken. I don't have time to check right now because it's been so long, and wife just came home (suppose to go shopping). But I'll make sure when I get back. But anything else you need will already been with your TV or laptop. In other words if it's not just the HDMI cable which you already have, I promise you already have everything else you need. Nothing you will need to buy. Hope that makes sense. Ok I gotta go. BBL.

Try this link og Google

How to Connect Laptop to TV using HDMI - Easy & Fun

www.youtube.com/watch?v=s532CgZNrMg

Ok I'm back but I see Cocochanel has you squared away. Enjoy your movies!

Another option

If you don't want to keep your laptop bound to your tv google xbmc media box should be able to get one for around 90-100 bucks so you can enjoy netflix, youtube etc. on the tv and have the laptop in your lap or on its desk. It even comes with a remote :)

Thank you for all the info guys! I figured I could, but wanted to make sure before I "blew" something up...seems to be what I'm really good at lately :( My laptop is only 13" screen, so being able to watch on my tv will almost feel like I'm in the movie theatre LOL

Anyways...thank you thank you THANK YOU for taking time to reply!!!

If your computer & TV are relatively modern, you should just be able to plug in the HDMI cable and go!
I have a TV as second monitor attached to my laptop this way, and it's great!

KK
HAHAHAHA I will have to try that when gaming!

If you are in an official Netflix region you can use a Chromecast to send the films from your Laptop to the TV. The Chromecast also takes over the streaming and frees up the laptop
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back