To the person of a NEED help!

Perez777

Friends, at one large poker forum of people from Russia asks about the help. It needs to contact somehow electronically Stephen Hawking.

I know, what there are people from Uk.Maybe, you will help?

Matter of life and death

I will copy the text:

Hello, Mr. Hawking. My name is Ildar, 35 years old and I have the same disease as yours, ALS. If you can, please, tell me your opinion about this illness. I’m from Russia and our healthcare system can't help me anymore. I contact you, Mr. Hawking, in hope that you know some things that really can prolong the life of people like us or maybe you know some medicine which actually works? Because i very much want to live as long and active as you and do many useful things not only for myself!

I've been living with ALS for about 6 years now and it's getting worse every day. Please, reply to me here .

Seems like a joke. Whoever this is should be able to get as much advice from Russian doctors as they can from Mr. Hawking.

In Russia the answer is simple: The illness is incurable.

Where joke? To you it is ridiculous?
Possibly, you weren't in such situations yet. After all the karma can overtake everyone

Seems like a joke. Whoever this is should be able to get as much advice from Russian doctors as they can from Mr. Hawking.
it's not Australia, simple answer like that :(
but still looks very strange, but who knows..

ok, on screenie post of user on russian at biggest poker forum(pokerstrategy).
User described that he really optimistic, and he want to fight against his ill, but doctors have no idea how to help him. Since Stephen Hawking most famous human with this ill, and living with it for 40+ years, he trying to get contact with him by any way. His english terrible, and he asking help.
Not sure how thread here can help him :(
Probably best way is found some contacts to Stephen, help user translate it to good english, and send it. Can't see any other way.
P.S. Sad story :(
P.P.S. Perez777 постарайся пожалуйста не постить ничего на русском, этого никто не любит на не русскоязычных форумах. (just ask to use english language).

BingoT

Hi, everybody!
In the summer the charity event Ice Bucket Challenge was popular, and the whole world had amicably a shower bath water, someone was simply promoted, someone really endowed funds for charity, and the third didn't understand at all, why they have a shower bath, thinking that it is such world entertainment. But is closer to a subject.
My name is Ildar, I am 35 years old (tomorrow it will be executed), and I here am ill 6 years the lateral amyotrophic sclerosis (LAS). The illness artful who wants learn in more detail can on be googled, but I will explain in brief: Something kills nervous cages (motor-neurons) responsible for the movement of muscles, and the person slowly turns into "vegetable", but intelligence thus as doesn't suffer. Someone for 3-4 years burns down, and someone lives more than 10 years. Not clearly with what life term about the BASS is connected, but my version that optimists live more long. Now I will explain what sort the information help is necessary:
First. As doctors consider the BASS as an incurable illness, would be big achievement to stop its progress.
The most famous patient the BASS is English astro - the physicist Stephen Hoking, and he is already ill the BASS more than 40 years, and I am sure that somehow to it (and his assistants) managed to stop an illness.
Also famous astrophysicist in poker community is Liv Boeree, they live in one country, and she perhaps even is personally familiar with Stephen Hoking. But my problem why I can't will address to Liv, I don't know English language at all. I already asked in the winter for help at known for all Mischa Shalamov's poker strateg in the twitter, but whether he didn't understand me whether that, it is shorter left my messages without answer. Maybe who from forumites will show it this message and it will be able to help this time.
And secondly. Many know the facts about wonderful healings, who something knows everything about any sorcerers magicians, psychics and other healers, write. But only the facts are necessary!
Well here, it seems, and all. All in advance many thanks and mega wins!!!!

It is incurable here too. Prof Hawking was told by doctors he would die young. Somehow he has defied the odds and made it into his 60's. He is now completely paralysed apart from a single cheek muscle. He needs 24/7 personal and medical care, but his brain is not affected, hence his ability to pursue ground breaking theoretical physics. What he knows can probably be found on Google, although a medical degree might be necessary to understand much of the scientific literature.

However, it has been done before. There has been a case where the parents of a child suffering a rare disease refused to give up when the doctors said there was nothing more they can do. They took it upon themselves to research the disease and gain medical qualifications sufficient to understand what they had found. They then conducted their own research, eventually discovering a brand new treatment that was previously unknown to medicine, and managed to treat their child. It wasn't a cure though, but it enabled their child to live much longer and with a better quality of life.

The real problem is that discovering a new treatment is just the start. Often, the public health services won't fund such treatment until it becomes mainstream. A way around this is to monitor what is going on, and then volunteer for some clinical trials. The big pharmaceutical companies will cover the costs of treatment in order to gain valuable data regarding a new treatment. If the treatment works, it's a way to get access to it some years before it becomes used more generally, but the risks are higher as these trials are also designed to look for potentially dangerous side effects which might mean the treatment never makes it past trials and into general use.

Stephen Hawking has a Facebook page!!! That would be an easy way to direct questions to him. He has a team to help with the quantity of FB questions asked, might work for the person with ALS.

Here is the Wikipedia article about the case where the parents went from laypersons to researchers who developed a new treatment for their child's "untreatable" disease.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Susan Sarandon starred in the film, Lorenzo's Oil, about these parents and their tireless efforts to help their son. Extraordinary story and film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back