Online Casinos - Casinomeister Logo Online Casinos - Casinomeister
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Another new Wagerworks/IGT slot... "Wolf Run"

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Location, Location!
    Posts
    3,082
    Thanks
    722
    Thanked 2,013 Times in 860 Posts
    Rep Power
    109
    Reputation Points: 10836

    Another new Wagerworks/IGT slot... "Wolf Run"

    Looks like this one is arriving at some point over the weekend. I've not played it yet (real world or online) - but it looks like a good old 'free spins' job, only 40 lines this time. That said, it appears the online equivalents of IGT games sometimes play around with the number of lines/payouts - so we'll wait and see.

    If you can get past the pseudo 'girl power', self congratulatory nonsense at the start of this video -- they eventually get to a little review of the game:

    http://tinyurl.com/3a59us

    Most interesting is the conversation about IGT going along the route of 'conforming' their slots so they sound the same in future... Not sure how that will fit in with the various themes, but we'll wait and see. One thing that I do wholeheartedly agree with is the requirement to make "bonus" symbols and "wilds" etc very different from the other symbols... They need to stand out to ensure that 'skipping a beat' moment when the reels drop in (Nothing worse than "Boogie Monsters" etc for symbols that all merge into each other... I've hit the bonus and not realised!)

    Anyhow... All new slots, free spin ones especially, are good news in my book



  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slotster! For This Useful Post:

    Alexandre (10th January 2008), Casinomeister  (2nd December 2007), hippo925 (10th January 2008), Jane_E (24th January 2008)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    676
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 197 Times in 151 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation Points: 1095
    Huh, I've seen this slot a lot at local B&M places, seemingly for a long time. The timestamp says February of this year, wonder if it's older (looks like it was from a 2006 tradeshow)? Haven't played it though.

    The VP of development arguing that the focus was on "the math" was pretty damn surprising.



  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    You say UK, I say England.
    Posts
    10,278
    Thanks
    2,215
    Thanked 5,619 Times in 2,638 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    Reputation Points: 29967
    LOL...I just played this slot a fair bit the last week at the Ventian Macau. I like it personally. Basically its one with 5 reels and 5 paylines in view (so some weird paylines!) with Wilds that run in strips so you can get multiple wilds/wins filling up the reels. The Bonus is triggered by the originally titled "Bonus" symbol being in view on reels 2,3 and 4 and gives 5 free spins, retriggerable, but because the Wild symbols come in strips you can get some meaty wins...or total crap

    A good addition this.

    As an aside, the Venetian has IGT's "Cleopatra II". Its just like Cleo on Wagerworks with one major difference: you pick a number of free spins from one of 3 boxes (6 - 15 total) and the multiplier rises with each spin 1x, 2x, 3x etc etc. On one occasion I got 10, then a retrigger, so the FS multiplier ended up on x20 !! It's high variance - very volatile - and you need the FS to make it pay and even then there was no guarantee, but it was fun.

    Spent most of my time playing "Shinobi" - a cracking slot (although two of the bonus rounds are boring pick 'em style, albeit with lovely graphics - think mutton dressed as lamb - once played then boring as hell) but the FS bonus occurs regularly and made up for it. Also played a fair bit of "Terminator" (IGT? - can't remember) which was pretty good fun but had a tendency to run very dry at times....that also had free spins but you had to get a certain symbol on Reel 1, then one more anywhere on 2 - 5. Hit 240x on one round - retriggers were easier than getting the initial FS.




  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simmo! For This Useful Post:

    hippo925 (10th January 2008), Slotster! (2nd December 2007), spearmaster (2nd December 2007)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Location, Location!
    Posts
    3,082
    Thanks
    722
    Thanked 2,013 Times in 860 Posts
    Rep Power
    109
    Reputation Points: 10836
    Welcome back! What did you get from your big x20 Cleo win then?



  7. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    You say UK, I say England.
    Posts
    10,278
    Thanks
    2,215
    Thanked 5,619 Times in 2,638 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    Reputation Points: 29967
    Quote Originally Posted by Slotster! View Post
    Welcome back! What did you get from your big x20 Cleo win then?
    Can't remember lol. Wasn't a massive amount. A few hundred maybe betting $10 a spin.




  8. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Location, Location!
    Posts
    3,082
    Thanks
    722
    Thanked 2,013 Times in 860 Posts
    Rep Power
    109
    Reputation Points: 10836
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo! View Post
    Can't remember lol. Wasn't a massive amount. A few hundred maybe betting $10 a spin.
    Oooh.. High roller! For some reason, I find it very hard to bet that big in Vegas... I'll VERY occasionally do the $5 slots (two coins) - but more around the $1 (Three coin) mark. There's a You Tube video where someone hits around $7000 dollars on the $50 (.50 cent) version of Cleo...

    In fact - here it is:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQlK-GAIhIw



  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Slotster! For This Useful Post:

    Simmo! (2nd December 2007)

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    5,913
    Thanks
    446
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 550 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation Points: 6588
    Quote Originally Posted by Slotster! View Post
    Oooh.. High roller! For some reason, I find it very hard to bet that big in Vegas... I'll VERY occasionally do the $5 slots (two coins) - but more around the $1 (Three coin) mark. There's a You Tube video where someone hits around $7000 dollars on the $50 (.50 cent) version of Cleo...

    In fact - here it is:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQlK-GAIhIw
    We were playing in HK$ - so HK$10 is about US$1.30... nowhere near Simmo's lofty exploits online, and justifiably so. For the most part the slots were quite hungry, though Shinobi and Terminator were quite good fun. I had a couple decent payouts on another samurai-themed slot and also 50 Dragons - a slot designed especially for the Asian market. As I recall Simmo also had a pretty good hit on 50 Dragons.



  11. #8
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    You say UK, I say England.
    Posts
    10,278
    Thanks
    2,215
    Thanked 5,619 Times in 2,638 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    Reputation Points: 29967
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo! View Post
    A few hundred maybe betting $10 a spin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slotster! View Post
    ....I find it very hard to bet that big in Vegas...
    Quote Originally Posted by spearmaster View Post
    We were playing in HK$ - so HK$10 is about US$1.30...

    Yup - a mammoth 65 pence per spin And it felt like a lot! Never ever bet more than $20 (1.65) a spin LOL.




  12. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    5,913
    Thanks
    446
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 550 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation Points: 6588
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo! View Post
    Yup - a mammoth 65 pence per spin And it felt like a lot! Never ever bet more than $20 (1.65) a spin LOL.
    And we were struggling to get to that level... LOL... though at the end Simmo finally hit $20 a spin, and I went $150 a hand of VP



  13. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    596
    Thanks
    205
    Thanked 158 Times in 117 Posts
    Rep Power
    50
    Reputation Points: 874
    Quote Originally Posted by Slotster! View Post
    Looks like this one is arriving at some point over the weekend. I've not played it yet (real world or online) - but it looks like a good old 'free spins' job, only 40 lines this time. That said, it appears the online equivalents of IGT games sometimes play around with the number of lines/payouts - so we'll wait and see.

    If you can get past the pseudo 'girl power', self congratulatory nonsense at the start of this video -- they eventually get to a little review of the game:

    http://tinyurl.com/3a59us

    Most interesting is the conversation about IGT going along the route of 'conforming' their slots so they sound the same in future... Not sure how that will fit in with the various themes, but we'll wait and see. One thing that I do wholeheartedly agree with is the requirement to make "bonus" symbols and "wilds" etc very different from the other symbols... They need to stand out to ensure that 'skipping a beat' moment when the reels drop in (Nothing worse than "Boogie Monsters" etc for symbols that all merge into each other... I've hit the bonus and not realised!)

    Anyhow... All new slots, free spin ones especially, are good news in my book
    I have been playing this game for about 4 months at my local Indian casino in Oklahoma. It is like heroin! I am so addicted to it that it all I can think about. I used to play VP but this has taken over. It is so fun! When you hit anything of value it has fireworks that go off and great music. Only 5 free spins but it can retrigger. I give this a BIG
    Venetian



  14. The Following User Says Thank You to venetian For This Useful Post:

    Slotster! (3rd December 2007)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Review of the new MG games August 2007 (Doctor Doctor)
    By Zoozie in forum Online Casinos
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12th September 2007, 08:29 AM
  2. New Slot At SuperSlots - My Tiny Review
    By kwblue in forum Online Casinos
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25th May 2007, 05:33 PM
  3. Aztec Rising Slot Review
    By kwblue in forum Online Casinos
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 6th April 2007, 10:29 AM
  4. New Slot at Hype
    By kwblue in forum Online Casinos
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 20th December 2006, 07:19 PM
  5. Casinos that spam search engines
    By thelawnet in forum Casino Complaints - Non-Bonus Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2nd June 2006, 08:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Legal Statements and Privacy Policy
Casinomeister.com does not intend for any of the information contained on this website to be used for illegal purposes. You must ensure you meet all age and other regulatory requirements before entering a casino or placing a wager. Online gambling is illegal in many jurisdictions and users should consult legal counsel regarding the legal status of online gambling and gaming in their jurisdictions. The information in this site is for news and entertainment purposes only. Casinomeister.com is an independent directory and information service free of any gaming operator's control. Links to third party websites on Casinomeister.com are provided solely for informative/educational purposes. If you use these links, you leave this Website.