Do you have any advice for me on picking up a couple domains?

kahntrutahn

Dormant account
Quick backstory:

These two domains content was wiped (business disagreement between partners). The domains themselves are still active and never dropped, they are just parked for a few months since there is no longer any content. The content is irretrievable and I have the opportunity to purchase the domains. I'm not sure what their value is though. Here are snapshots of majestic. I mainly want to get a hold of them and use them for linking purposes. Anyone have any thoughts insofar as a value assessment?

Site 1
e3697925858d371119da3c42ba5c47d6.jpg

Site 2
e75ddb47231a41490dd672684a03f764.jpg

Your help is appreciated :)

Just do a Google search for "Domain value" or something like that, and you will get loads of sites that give evaluations.
(Some don't work for gambling related sites).

Mind you, I wasn't too impressed with the value one I tried gave for my site... :mad:

KKzero_Feb17.jpg

"Estimated Value: $ 1.39 "

My website is worth infinitely more than yours haha!

I never put any stock into automated evaluation tools. They are worthless.

Just do a Google search for "Domain value" or something like that, and you will get loads of sites that give evaluations.
(Some don't work for gambling related sites).

Mind you, I wasn't too impressed with the value one I tried gave for my site... :mad:

View attachment 75943

But we are not talking site value, just the domain name value. If you wiped your site and was no longer at the helm, you were not selling the affiliate business etc.

Far from my area of expertise, but I think the OP needs to ask what the domain is worth to him? And what he may know about the dissolved partnership. Just like marriages, if dissolutions are acrimonious, people will cut off their nose to spite their face. If both feuding partners still need to sign off, you may be wise to wait until one has sole control. Or unused domains are often let lapse. Unrelated to gambling, but a number of years ago my daughter was able acuire the .com and .net for her .ca retail fashion sites for peanuts. (Not at the same time).

The current site does not seem to be related to gambling, other than in the ways that financial investments are a form of gambling too often. And there's certainly a bit of cross-over between the two markets.

Also, if an owner is not looking to sell at this point in time, you usually have to offer more than when it is listed for sale. Just a general observation over years working in various fields.

I can't imagine it would be such a princely sum you are prepared to offer that they would want to leap at the chance before they had decided that was the route they wanted to take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back