Anyone From NYC Here??

weesie

Ueber Meister
Hi,

I found this link to this article on FaceBook.

Please tell me this is a fabrication and Bloomberg has NOT gone totally out of his mind!! I have read about all of his laws in regards to salt, fat, soda..... anything you put in your face........... Is this for real???

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Looks real to me, I did a quick google search and this was posted 6 days ago....

I think he needs some of my mental disorder pills. :laugh:

In all seriousness, this is very SICK!!! Who the heck cares if there is too much fat, salt, whatever when a person is starving!!!

And look at this...posted in August.....

I'm going to be sick.

oh my lord i just read what the nut is doing.

whats a little hunger when you have ones health in mind. well has he ever thought that these people could get sick from not eating?

and he would be to blame.

can anyone say anoughter dictator in the good old u.s of a

by the time we all wake up its going to be too late.

Looks real to me, I did a quick google search and this was posted 6 days ago....

I think he needs some of my mental disorder pills. :laugh:

In all seriousness, this is very SICK!!! Who the heck cares if there is too much fat, salt, whatever when a person is starving!!!

And look at this...posted in August.....

I'm going to be sick.

Thanks for the link, just play.

I guess he really did do this. So, a homeless guy can get a few carrot sticks and some broccoli, what, maybe 20 calories, but, no to a bagel which has probably 200 calories??? Which one is going to make him feel fuller??? The carrots? Ha!

"We can't let short-sighted hunger pangs deter us from our goal of raising the standards for all food consumed in the City."

That can't be real. Sounds like satire from the Onion or something. It has to be fake.

Thanks for the link, just play.

I guess he really did do this. So, a homeless guy can get a few carrot sticks and some broccoli, what, maybe 20 calories, but, no to a bagel which has probably 200 calories??? Which one is going to make him feel fuller??? The carrots? Ha!

I haven't looked into it cuz I'm from Mass, but shouldn't/wouldn't SOMEONE step up and say WTF??? Like some other city official? I mean he can't be the only one who has the right to make decisions right?

There is so much good food thrown out to the dumpster from restaurants, etc that it is sickening.

I read that 40% of our food is thrown out in the USA...food that could help the homeless and those that are living at poverty level.

I came over from the UK to the USA and what made me mad, is the huge amount of deli meat put into a sandwich! Please don't get me wrong I love more for my money but this is just unnecessary.

In the uk, back in the late 80's a sandwich contained maybe 2 or 3 slices of deli meat, in NYC...fergettaboooutit..lol...a weeks worth of deli meat in one sandwich. No wonder I have gained weight.

I really don't like Bloomberg and the 'nannying'.It's pathetic that he is more concerned with salt content, rather than feed a starving person, now

The poorer communities have the most fast food restaurants and the richer communities have Starbucks and maybe a Dunkin Donuts.

Then where you live must have good delis. Here we just have Subway and you can barely taste the meat unless you pay more for extra. We got subs from them a while back and I couldn't believe how skimpy the meat was. Believe me, the ads they put on TV are nothing like what they serve you!

But, you are right about the waste of food.

Then where you live must have good delis. Here we just have Subway and you can barely taste the meat unless you pay more for extra. We got subs from them a while back and I couldn't believe how skimpy the meat was. Believe me, the ads they put on TV are nothing like what they serve you!

But, you are right about the waste of food.

NYC is the biggest waster of food, imo. It's the big city, big food, big everything.

Some people actually dumpster dive for food because restaurants, etc have to abide by the health authorities, so they dump food just because it isn't up to 'code'.

The food that they throw out is perfectly ok but they are nervous because of fear of being closed down.

Yes, Subway is skimpy on the meat part of the sub! Not even up to the UK's portion. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back