Meister Meeting - Rail Industrial Action

bigbear

A heads up for those members planning to attend the Meister Meeting.The RMT have announced a 15 hour Tube strike on 7th February starting at 10am.Not sure whether it will affect the whole Underground network but could have a major impact on people trying to get to and from Leicester Square.Let's just hope they can reach an agreement before the date.

Edit: title should have read Meister Meeting

Oh great... :sob:

I need to use Southern Rail to get London as well - and we all know what THEY are like! :mad:
Oh well, if the weather isn't too bad, I might have to get my motorbike out... :cool:
Or I can go to the next town and use South-Eastern instead - then work out how to get from Victoria to Leicester Square...

KK

Selfish bastards....that's going to have a knock-on effect for sure and wreak unrelenting havoc on train times.

My journey seems straightforward enough but I expect it all to kick off. Perhaps those dreaded 'leaves on the line' will make an appearance, and not forgetting those un-gritted pavements where everyone can do their best Torvill & Dean impersonations trying to get from A to B :eek:

It will seriously affect the MM for those coming in from outside by rail or not staying close to Leicester Square. The queues for taxis will be horrendous and the cheap cost of the tube is a fraction of what people will pay for cabs. I'm lucky in that I can walk from Victoria to Leicester Square via the Mall in 20 minutes, a walk I love. It only takes me 8 minutes to walk to Leicester Square from where I'm staying too so again not affecting me personally but I advise the first-timers to LEAVE EARLIER than you would have done from wherever you're travelling from. If you want to see queues and chaos in London, a tube strike is the way to see it.

Apparently it is due to take place across the entire Underground network and based on reports from previous strikes there were huge queues for buses.Taxis are an option but with it being a weekday,there is likely to be a massive demand for those.I was planning to get the last train home from Victoria which leaves just after midnight but not sure how easy it will be to get back to the mainline station.Looks like the best option would be to book a hotel but that is going to have financial implications for some members.

Oh great... :sob:

I need to use Southern Rail to get London as well - and we all know what THEY are like! :mad:
Oh well, if the weather isn't too bad, I might have to get my motorbike out... :cool:
Or I can go to the next town and use South-Eastern instead - then work out how to get from Victoria to Leicester Square...

KK

South Eastern travel up into Charing Cross where it is only a short walk to Leicester Square. Just a thought!

South Eastern travel up into Charing Cross where it is only a short walk to Leicester Square. Just a thought!
Oh yeah, you're right - I was getting the two muddled up! :oops:
Southern = Victoria, South Eastern = C.Cross = 5 mins walk to Waxy's :thumbsup:

KK

had it planned, staying in hotel next to Euston, only 2 minute walk from Piccadilly line. Looks like 30 minutes walk from hotel to waxys. anyone else near euston want share taxi back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back