Avalon 2 coming up!

I saw a demo of this back at ICE in 2013. I think this is being released in Feb. I expected it earlier as it seemed to me to be a good opportunity to fill the void left behind by "Lord Of The Rings" as the inference from the MG rep who showed me back at ICE was the game would be similar in game-play. Maybe that's changed though, hence the delay. I'll stake $1 on it being at least 243 lines though :p

Doesnt look very special to me. I'd prefer 1 good bonus round over 8 mediocre ones.
The intro movie & CGI is good though

Doesnt look very special to me. I'd prefer 1 good bonus round over 8 mediocre ones.

Me too. The newer Santa slot is a good example of many different bonus rounds with little win potential.

The intro movie & CGI is good though

But then again it's a slot and not a video game. It's a little early to tell but usually too many bells and whistles doesn't reflect good on the paytable (see their newest Batman slot for a prime example).

243 ways....
Simmo was right, why oh why??

Can't they make it more interesting, like having a blank in reel 5 so it's 162 ways? 243-Ways reminds me of Spinal Tap "This amp is special - it goes up to eleven..."

Pretty cynical move.
Referencing a true classic like Avalon as a theme for another jumped up, 243 line, generic pocket-emptier.

Like taking the Mona Lisa into the kitchen and spreading it with butter and strawberry jam.

Press release:

An Arthurian legend is set to return in February

Sequel to Avalon, one of Microgaming's most successful proprietary titles, Avalon II: The Quest For The Grail will launch at ICE Totally Gaming 2014.

The five reel, 243 ways-to-win slot takes players on an epic quest to retrieve the Grail. Joined by Merlin, King Arthur, Guinevere and Morgan, the journey through the Kingdom will see players revel in eight bonus rounds of captivating gameplay. The Grail Bonus, designed to bring longevity to the game, will give players the chance to reforge Excalibur, spin the Wheel of Fortune and defeat the Black Knight to recover the Grail.

The game's characters have been brought to life through stunning 3D rendered animations and the world of Avalon is portrayed through intricate tapestry, classically painted environments, and suspenseful sound effects, all to the finest of details.

Last edited by a moderator:
regardless of how the slot pays out, its very nice to see microgaming spending alot of effort in the making of it rather than a simply reskinned 243 slot, i still play avalon from time to time, never really done well on it, but it was a solid game, ill certainly be having a go on the new version :)

regardless of how the slot pays out, its very nice to see microgaming spending alot of effort in the making of it rather than a simply reskinned 243 slot, i still play avalon from time to time, never really done well on it, but it was a solid game, ill certainly be having a go on the new version :)

Yes I agree. No slot will appeal to everyone which is why you need variation and choice. I'm struggling to think of many of the newer clones of old games that have really made a big splash. Maybe Girls With Guns but that was only because the original LOTR was pulled.

Best wait until we can play it before judging. But I can definitely see this game nodding at the original LOTR and the bonus feature setup reminds me a little of WMS Gaming's original LOTR slot.

Personally, the more features in a game the less I enjoy them as it often means lower variance but I like the way MG have pioneered the multiple-feature that you choose rather than get randomly awarded. It is clever in how it allows the player to influence the variance.

Never won anything more than 50x the bet on the original. I'm sure I won't win anything on this one. I don't understand why Microgaming keep releasing all these 243 ways, 1000 ways, allot of ways to win slots at least the original only had 25 lines.

Never won anything more than 50x the bet on the original. I'm sure I won't win anything on this one. I don't understand why Microgaming keep releasing all these 243 ways, 1000 ways, allot of ways to win slots at least the original only had 25 lines.

I have nearly made all my major hits on 243 line slots from MGS.
I am one of the people who have been rather unlucky on the 9-15-20-25 liners from MGS,could be coincidence but that is one of the reasons I specificly look to play their 243 line range. :)
For example the original Avalon was never really good to me so I hope this new polished version will do a better job for me.
Can't wait to try it. :cool:

I've always been fond of playing Avalon, as I've had some fairly good results on that slot, but never any "nightmare" sessions. I've even won a couple of Avalon tournaments in recent months. And given that I am also quite fond of TS2, I can see this potentially becoming my new all-time favourite slot. I will definitely be giving it a go come February.

thats it im moving somewhere where i can play microgamming i miss it so much use to love to play their lots....this game is HOTTTTTTTTTT

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back