SadNews

babs7262

Banned User
Kingston woudlnt get better. The vet gave us small odds but we were positive and aggressive. Unfortunately he got very sick and in alot of pain today and we had to make that dreadful decision.

I will miss him so much and Im glad I atleast got to rescue him even for only 6months of tons of love and spoiling. I just hope Rayna will get over this too because they loved each other

So sorry Babs... He had a great 6 months of love and care.

My old cat is slowly dying and we'll be making that decision before too long ourselves...

Thanks guys

I know its the reality of life, its just that we thought we were home free after Vinny passing just 6 months ago. Before we rescued King and Rayna I told Rich this time were gonna get them younger, with all of their shots and checked by a vet so they can grow old. I cant handle pet death. It sounds terrible but Ill cry at an animal getting killed on the news before a person. If you only knew what I was thinking about doing when I heard about that football player

I just dont get it. This is the 3rd cat in 6 years. Is this normal? The first was born with only 1 kidney and had other problems they didnt tell us, Vinny got incurable cancer and now Kingston has this wierd infection in his throat that vets say are harder to treat then FAIDS and Feline Leukemia because even though those two are fatal they can atleast keep it at bay for awhile and they dont have pain. Well, hopefully Rayna will stay healthy

Laurie: Rich said he had a nice talk with you on the phone. I had told him before you called that I couldnt talk to anyone yet. I still dont want to talk yet cause I need to get all this crying out of the way first. My family already knows not to take it personal the first day or two . Thank you for calling me laurie, that was sweet. Are your teeth ok?

Mousy: I know this may sound uncaring but its actually not. We could of gotten a tiny more time but it just wasnt worth it. If your lil guy isnt gonna make it and he's in pain . Its better to pull off the bandaid fast and get it over with so your healing process can start and your cat can be at peace. I waited too long with Vinny and I regret that and I felt selfish afterwards. I couldnt even go with Rich with King because he "looked" fine. When Rich came home he said he felt relieved because they said we did the right thing I felt better even though very sad. Anyway, you know whats best for your pet and Im positive your doing the right thing because I dont have all the facts but I do know one thing..I know you love animals from reading previous posts (((((hugs)))

Babs, I'm so sorry for your loss, a pet death has always been very hard for me to deal with - I had a cat ( Magic) I had this cat for 9 years that was poisoned by some idiot using outlawed insecticide. I watched my poor baby die was the worst thing I've ever been through. I wanted to kill the son of a B&*tch.
We also had the most bizzare thing happen a couple months ago, my daughters cat had a litter of the cutest all black kittens. When they were 3 weeks old, one by one they all died. I took one to the vets ( it was really weak at this point) The vet said it was a virus that must have been transferred through the mothers milk.

OMG
that must of been horrible!! I dont think i could bare seeing kittens go one by one. You must be very strong. Please tell your daughter Im sorry. As I suspected Rayna is looking for king and cries now and then. Ive been trying to play with her. I only slept 4 hours so Im tired. Boy, if I ever hit the big lottery the first thing Rich and I want to do is buy a house that has lots of acreage and open a shelter for lost or stray cats and dogs. Ive always wanted to do that. LOL...when I was young I came home with a different animal every week, my poor parents:D

Hey babs..
So sorry to hear of your loss. Kingston was very lucky to have been brought into your home. I know how heartbreaking it can be to lose a beloved pet.
Hang in there girl *Hugs*

My dog died 16 years ago , my parents buried him on their property and he even has a marble headstone.Even now in conversations we speak of him as he was the sweetest dog in the world-we thought so anyway and he lived 19 years.I was 6 years old when we got him and 25 when he died and it was like burying 'one of the family'.I am very sorry for you loss and hope it gets better for you soon.

I'm sorry, Babs, for your loss of your kittie. I lost my beloved Softie I had for 19 years last year.

A long story short, I knew Softie probably wanted to just go when I saw she laid down in a secluded hidden part of my place at night as cats do when they know they are near death. The ride to the vet for the last time was hard when I knew what's ahead and she just keep looking at me with love and trust in her pretty eyes. But she had a wonderful life of a loving owner and she was loudly purring free from pain in the end.

If a cat was only going to live for six months, I'm sure Kingston was happy to live and receive love from you. RIP Kingston.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back